There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vikings at 49ers Preseason Game 2

ESPN reporting Favre may make cameo appearance in 49ers game
Originally posted by 49ersVic:

Excellent.

If I were Manhusky, I'd run all out blitz' on every play Favre was in. Extra incentives for whoever put him on his back on each play.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If they start Robinson with the 1st string, I swear to god...................

Do u think they are gonna start Frank? or do u think they are gonna go with Dix? i really dont like M.Rob either but f**k theres not much options cuz westbrook wont be ready.

I think that Anthony Dixon should start, but I feel like Singletary will give the veteran Robinson the nod for a couple of series. I'm hoping I'm wrong here because wow, MRob is just s**t when it comes to running back. I want to see Dixon against first stringers to see if his moves, power, and burst translate to the actuality of a regular season game (or a taste of it at least -- it's still preseason!).

Good point but we also thought Coffee's preseason would translate into a decent back up at worst. But 2.7 yards....DAYUM. But i know what your saying plus it would give him the exposure if they do put in Dixon with the 1st string. s**t to be honest I didn't pay attention to his pass blocking.

The thing about Coffee in preseason is that anyone watching saw he was an uphill runner. There was nothing flashy, nothing to leave you wondering. Dixon, however, looked like an athlete with ability. He was making things happen in the open field, by himself. I haven't been that impressed with our preseason RBs (not even the preseason god himself Kory Sheets) until I watched this dude wreck shop. Coffee ran through holes I could have gained first downs on, but Dixon juked and cut and burst upfield. That stiff arm alone was better than anything I saw from Coffee. I am drinking Kool-Aide for sure, and I pray Singletary lets him go against one of the fiercest d-lines in the league. If he succeeds there, we can become more factually optimistic about finding a gem in A. Dixon.

Bull in the china shop!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Excellent.

If I were Manhusky, I'd run all out blitz' on every play Favre was in. Extra incentives for whoever put him on his back on each play.

I'm not the type to wish injury on anybody, but if Favre were to get blasted on a blindside blitz and be knocked out for the season, I wouldn't miss any sleep over it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Excellent.

I'm not the type to wish injury on anybody, but if Favre were to get blasted on a blindside blitz and be knocked out for the season, I wouldn't miss any sleep over it.

I'd go buy a Vikings Piñata (cuz I'm mexican) and have a party.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Excellent.

I'd go buy a Vikings Piñata (cuz I'm mexican) and have a party.

would you put a PWillis jersey on the bat?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Sun Aug 22 8:00 PM will be live on NBC.

Time to see if we take a step forwards or backwards!!

will be live on NBC? SErious??? then yess!!! i am so exiciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If the Cowboys didn't allow here to watch on NBC for the 49ers vs Viking then i will be piss off!!!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

P.S. If the Cowboys didn't allow here to watch on NBC for the 49ers vs Viking then i will be piss off!!!!

its a national tv game
Main problem with the team is they always get off to a slow start and play from behind most of the way. I'll know they've progressed when they punch it in on their first possession. Please, no run up the gut on the first play of the game against the Vikings.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This game cannot come any sooner.

You would think that we lost the last game against the Colts with Delanie Walkers' tipped interception.

Without Alex Smith I'd swear 3/4s of the people on these message boards wouldn't know what to talk about. They don't care about what anyone else does. It gets sickening.... especially when they say I didn't watch the game.

More and more new people as well starting threads on the same topic. I wish there was 1 thread with all things Alex Smith so people could bash it out in there. This way the rest of us don't have to hear it. No matter what the topic it always comes back to Smith.

This is absolutely

FACT
YES! Get to watch this in HD on my 52" TV.

That's nothing,I'll be watching the game on my 1.2" thin 75" 600hz 60watt touch screen high speed slo mo with virtual talk in high definition 3D TV!!!!

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

its a national tv game

it is true.. my old bro told me that we will watched the 49ers but cowboys put delete on Foxs for three times cuz my old bro heards about Foxs will watch the 49ers games last year.. that is why!! the cowboys is a*****e and stupid mofo!!!
Originally posted by Super5:

That's nothing,I'll be watching the game on my 1.2" thin 75" 600hz 60watt touch screen high speed slo mo with virtual talk in high definition 3D TV!!!!

Samsung or

[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 17, 2010 at 17:34:53 ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Super5:

Samsung or

i LOVE my 50 '' plasma
Originally posted by maya0724:
This will be the game on a national stage where Alex Smith will either Shine or Expose to the world the fraud that he is. Because the Vikings are not going to let us successfully run the ball. So this is where we will have to pass to move the ball down the field. And if Alex cant get the job done, it will be apparent on this national stage.

Hopefully he will take upon this challenge and SHINE and be the leader that we all want him to be. Alex assert yourself man!!!! This is your game to show that you have what it takes to lead this great team into the playoffs. I hope lol

Obviously Alex sucked in his limited first preseason game but are you friggin serious??
He needs to "SHINE" in his 2nd preseason game or he's a fraud???

Was his last season a fraud??

What a !

Improve in the preseason for sure but he needs to really "SHINE" when it counts genious