There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vikings at 49ers Preseason Game 2

Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If they start Robinson with the 1st string, I swear to god...................

Do u think they are gonna start Frank? or do u think they are gonna go with Dix? i really dont like M.Rob either but f**k theres not much options cuz westbrook wont be ready.

I think that Anthony Dixon should start, but I feel like Singletary will give the veteran Robinson the nod for a couple of series. I'm hoping I'm wrong here because wow, MRob is just s**t when it comes to running back. I want to see Dixon against first stringers to see if his moves, power, and burst translate to the actuality of a regular season game (or a taste of it at least -- it's still preseason!).

Good point but we also thought Coffee's preseason would translate into a decent back up at worst. But 2.7 yards....DAYUM. But i know what your saying plus it would give him the exposure if they do put in Dixon with the 1st string. s**t to be honest I didn't pay attention to his pass blocking.

The thing about Coffee in preseason is that anyone watching saw he was an uphill runner. There was nothing flashy, nothing to leave you wondering. Dixon, however, looked like an athlete with ability. He was making things happen in the open field, by himself. I haven't been that impressed with our preseason RBs (not even the preseason god himself Kory Sheets) until I watched this dude wreck shop. Coffee ran through holes I could have gained first downs on, but Dixon juked and cut and burst upfield. That stiff arm alone was better than anything I saw from Coffee. I am drinking Kool-Aide for sure, and I pray Singletary lets him go against one of the fiercest d-lines in the league. If he succeeds there, we can become more factually optimistic about finding a gem in A. Dixon.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 16, 2010 at 21:28:12 ]

Do u think they are gonna start Frank? or do u think they are gonna go with Dix? i really dont like M.Rob either but f**k theres not much options cuz westbrook wont be ready.

I think that Anthony Dixon should start, but I feel like Singletary will give the veteran Robinson the nod for a couple of series. I'm hoping I'm wrong here because wow, MRob is just s**t when it comes to running back. I want to see Dixon against first stringers to see if his moves, power, and burst translate to the actuality of a regular season game (or a taste of it at least -- it's still preseason!).

Good point but we also thought Coffee's preseason would translate into a decent back up at worst. But 2.7 yards....DAYUM. But i know what your saying plus it would give him the exposure if they do put in Dixon with the 1st string. s**t to be honest I didn't pay attention to his pass blocking.

The thing about Coffee in preseason is that anyone watching saw he was an uphill runner. There was nothing flashy, nothing to leave you wondering. Dixon, however, looked like an athlete with ability. He was making things happen in the open field, by himself. I haven't been that impressed with our preseason RBs (not even the preseason god himself Kory Sheets) until I watched this dude wreck shop. Coffee ran through holes I could have gained first downs on, but Dixon juked and cut and burst upfield. That stiff arm alone was better than anything I saw from Coffee. I am drinking Kool-Aide for sure, and I pray Singletary lets him go against one of the fiercest d-lines in the league. If he succeeds there, we can become more factually optimistic about finding a gem in A. Dixon.

What do you mean "drinking coolaid". You mean literally, or what expression are you referring to?

What do you mean "drinking coolaid". You mean literally, or what expression are you referring to?

I mean that I am high on him even though he truly hasn't proved anything considering he was playing in preseason against 2nd stringers. Overly optimistic would be a better analogy maybe? That's why I want to see him start and play against the Vikings' d-line. If he does well (over 3 or 3.5 YPC, breaks tackles, jukes, stiff arms, shows the burst, and overall runs like the man we saw destroy the Colts 2nd stringers Sunday), we may have hit gold with a 6th rounder.
I want to see Westbrook at RB for a few plays with the first team. Or heck even Dixon. Just no more MRob please. I'd be scared of Dixon pass blocking though because he might get Smith smashed.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I want to see Westbrook at RB for a few plays with the first team. Or heck even Dixon. Just no more MRob please. I'd be scared of Dixon pass blocking though because he might get Smith smashed.

That's the sticky situation I see us in, now. We want to see Dixon with the 1st team, but he could get somebody killed, Westbrook isn't going to be familiar enough to give a solid contribution, and Gore shouldn't ever touch the field.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

That's the sticky situation I see us in, now. We want to see Dixon with the 1st team, but he could get somebody killed, Westbrook isn't going to be familiar enough to give a solid contribution, and Gore shouldn't ever touch the field.

And MRob can't run at all and can't catch a pass either.
5 days!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I hope Favre un-retires in time and Justin Smith retires him for .

This
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

This

Ahmad Brooks untouched from his blind side.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

This

Ahmad Brooks untouched from his blind side.

Bowman is at practice so we may see him this week
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yes! What about P.Willy? Why didn't he play on Sunday?

Same reason Gore didn't. Too valuable.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Same reason Gore didn't. Too valuable.

excellent........

Maybe we should sit Axle Smith out for the same reason.