There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vikings at 49ers Preseason Game 2

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
I'm looking forward to see what Dixon can do against the William's

He probably wont even get a chance. Robinson will probably take most of carries against their first team D.

and fumble

he promised!
Originally posted by teeohh:
I hope our offense comes out looking better, that Dixon runs with the first team, and that Taylor Mays makes some plays. And of course, no injuries for either team!

This. I like the fact you mentioned no injuries for either team. I can't stand people who hope for players to get hurt.
I wonder if 52 will play.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

no need
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

He shouldn't....save them for the regular season. I don't wanna risk any of our 1's.
Originally posted by Nes49:

He shouldn't....save them for the regular season. I don't wanna risk any of our 1's.

On that note... I really hope we don't see as much of Dixon. We know he can run and yeah he could definately use the reps... but I think this would be a good game to get Robinson some extensive playing time and put in Caulcrick as our RB for the later quarters.
Originally posted by 5280High:

On that note... I really hope we don't see as much of Dixon. We know he can run and yeah he could definately use the reps... but I think this would be a good game to get Robinson some extensive playing time and put in Caulcrick as our RB for the later quarters.

The kid needs all the reps he can get.

ROY VS ROY

Winner Pat Willis!!!!

Originally posted by jreff22:

true, and we all know what mrob cant do. so i dont see why we cant see dixon get a few reps against real competition to see if he can run against opposing 1st team defenses. theres no question he should be behind gore
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I hope our offense comes out looking better, that Dixon runs with the first team, and that Taylor Mays makes some plays. And of course, no injuries for either team!

This. I like the fact you mentioned no injuries for either team. I can't stand people who hope for players to get hurt.

yeah, the colts cb Silva got injured and is out for the year, sucks
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
And hopefully Iupati can continue his solid play!

I watched the game but honestly didn't key on Iupati very much - is it pretty much generally agreed that he played well?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jreff22:

true, and we all know what mrob cant do. so i dont see why we cant see dixon get a few reps against real competition to see if he can run against opposing 1st team defenses. theres no question he should be behind gore

No, he definately needs all the reps he can get, but I still would prefer he gets Gore-type reps and only plays the 1st quarter, rather than him being in there for basically the whole game. It's obvious he doesn't quite have the nfl conditioning just yet and players who get tired, get sloppy, and that leads to people getting hurt. I just dont want to see him being our pre-season workhorse and then getting worn down at mid-season or hurt anytime before that... if we lose dixon we have no other capable runner behind him. MRob is much better as a receiving running back, and he can probably get 3 yards at a time, but he doesnt have the ability to break anything open.
This will be the game on a national stage where Alex Smith will either Shine or Expose to the world the fraud that he is. Because the Vikings are not going to let us successfully run the ball. So this is where we will have to pass to move the ball down the field. And if Alex cant get the job done, it will be apparent on this national stage.

Hopefully he will take upon this challenge and SHINE and be the leader that we all want him to be. Alex assert yourself man!!!! This is your game to show that you have what it takes to lead this great team into the playoffs. I hope lol
When does Westbrook suit up?