There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Pre-Season Game 1)

I think even the commentators said Boone played well. I don't recall seeing too many subs on the OL. I think once Staley left Boone played left tackle. They scored 34 points or so, I think after that so he sure did not stink. I think he has already made the squad barring injury. I notice some self anointed Nate Davis critics have crawled into a hole. Not that I would rub it in except for a couple of thousand times, Nate really struck me as more polished then anyone. This was versus the awful fifth stringers as usual. Hahahah I am almost thinking the coaches are stupid from the comments about Davis and how he plays. Well I for one would prefer he just keeps getting better. By that time he starts, the fans may burn Alex at the stake and tar and feather the coaches. I really do think Singletary is wise to let Davis grow slowly because once he starts, Alex is toast and I mean the end in SF. I only disagree with critics of Davis in one respect and that is the stupid comment about the fact he played scrubs. Well the scrubs of the niners wasted a superbowl contestant. If it were that he was playing high school kids then that opinion would hold more weight with me. We all know starters are better but good play is good play or why is it others don't look as good in the same situation?
Oh there is one thing I have noticed about Boone is that he does not do what Anthony Davis was criticised for. I noticed Boone rarely lets a guy get in close.
He has long arms and keeps them off and he is too big and strong to move unless close in with leverage. His weakness might be really fast outside pass rushers and I think technique could counteract that. In a strange way he sorta reminds me of Harris Barton.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think even the commentators said Boone played well. I don't recall seeing too many subs on the OL. I think once Staley left Boone played left tackle. They scored 34 points or so, I think after that so he sure did not stink. I think he has already made the squad barring injury. I notice some self anointed Nate Davis critics have crawled into a hole. Not that I would rub it in except for a couple of thousand times, Nate really struck me as more polished then anyone. This was versus the awful fifth stringers as usual. Hahahah I am almost thinking the coaches are stupid from the comments about Davis and how he plays. Well I for one would prefer he just keeps getting better. By that time he starts, the fans may burn Alex at the stake and tar and feather the coaches. I really do think Singletary is wise to let Davis grow slowly because once he starts, Alex is toast and I mean the end in SF. I only disagree with critics of Davis in one respect and that is the stupid comment about the fact he played scrubs. Well the scrubs of the niners wasted a superbowl contestant. If it were that he was playing high school kids then that opinion would hold more weight with me. We all know starters are better but good play is good play or why is it others don't look as good in the same situation?
Oh there is one thing I have noticed about Boone is that he does not do what Anthony Davis was criticised for. I noticed Boone rarely lets a guy get in close.
He has long arms and keeps them off and he is too big and strong to move unless close in with leverage. His weakness might be really fast outside pass rushers and I think technique could counteract that. In a strange way he sorta reminds me of Harris Barton.

Thanks