There are 293 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Pre-Season Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm more concerned with how poorly rachal and davis did against their back up defense.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I'm more concerned with how poorly rachal and davis did against their back up defense.

And they werent good at all
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

its way to early to call the right side a mess but thats what it looks like

exactly
Originally posted by Allx9er:

its way to early to call the right side a mess but thats what it looks like

Yup. They looked good in run blocking. Rachal actually looked decent in pass blocking for a while, but then he broke down along with Davis ( he'd been playing like s**t the entire game in pass protection).

I'm praying that these two improve, and it might be surprising, but I'd rather have Rachal get his s**t together and Davis be benched, b/c Davis has a good Barry Sims from last year to replace, and rachal doesn't...
Originally posted by hklar17:

Pure intensity.
Davis definitely struggled but he was going up against Mathis, who is one of the best pass rushing DE's in the NFL, for a little over a quarter, and yes mathis was still in there unless they gave him a different number.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by taney71:

Anyone have the replay?

I was having some technical difficulties, but here is that INT from the first half that keeps getting debated.

there is another view where you can see Walker having to stop alittle and jump.... I think Alex could have hit him in stride....

Walker is not a receiver you want going for a jump ball, he is only like 6'0 TE.

that pick was def not even his fault
At least we can say our scrubs are better than their scrubs!
is there any dixon highlights up somewhere? i was camping and missed the game and i dont see any of his highlights.

I thought the first team offence looked about normal for the first preseason game but the backups and young guys laid the colts out to sleep. I really liked the youngsters. I am not sure of one guy of whom I would be ashamed. When you consider how much talent was on the bench, I think we could really be devastating. I really would be interested taking our backups and seeing what they could do as a separate team. I bet we would not be wearing paper sacks on our heads. Alex Smith did not impress but I have seen many teams look like he did first preseason. It is the fact he does not impress in season either. Just the fact the niners reserve can lay 37 points on the colts when we have so much talent out says one hell of a lot to me. Not only the offense scoring but the D was awesome. I think Baalke and Singletary did a hell of a job getting Bruce Davis and Tukuafu. I think losing Balmer may have been a blessing. I was really impressed with Tukuafu's speed and agility. Given a season to grow etc, I think he could be another Briggs or Ahmad Brooks. Davis showed a lot also. It is almost scary what this team will have when these youngsters have their couple of years in.
LMFAO @ Reggie Smith's TD celebration.... boy god some moves!
According to NFL Network's website, 49ers vs Colts will be replayed twice:

Monday, August 16, 2010 @ 7am Pacific Time

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 @ 9pm Pacific Time?

[ Edited by SoCal9er on Aug 15, 2010 at 20:08:47 ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
LMFAO @ Reggie Smith's TD celebration.... boy god some moves!

Guys,

Did Boone play at all today and how did he do? I heard Iupati did ok and Davis was so-so.I didnt have a chance to see the game today(had to work) but I taped it and will watch it when I can. I dont want to read through 120 pages of thread.
Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone