There are 715 users in the forums
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Pre-Season Game 1)
Aug 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM
- BuZzB28
- Member
- Posts: 2,917
let's cut "#27 cb...
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM
- taney71
- Veteran
- Posts: 18,081
Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by taney71:Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by pantstickle:Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by eastie:Originally posted by ZRF80:Originally posted by taney71:Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is a very simple question with a very simple answer.
Did Peyton Manning look sharp ? YES
Did Aaron Rodgers look sharp ? YES
Did Drew Brees look sharp ? YES
Did Alex Smith look sharp ? NO
What differentiates a contender from a pretender ? There's your answer right above. Can anyone please explain, besides blaming DWalker on the tipped INT, why ALex Smith did not look sharp as a six year veteran hoping to take this team to the playoffs ? And if you're going to use the "its only preseason" excuse, then please explain why all of the above said QBs didnt look so rusty......
Smith looked fine. Not great. Just fine. I'm ok with that considering his Number 1 WR is out and the best offensive player on the team in Gore. Plus we lost our backup RB late in the week. The offense looked fine to me. Once the timing with VD is back (and it should be just based on last year) and if we don't have those tough break INTs thru Walker's hands we'll be fine.
3/9 37 yards is fine ? Wow, you're hopeless.........
No, my friend, your posts are the very definition of hopeless.
Did Nate Davis look Sharp: YES
thats how you move an offense.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/02/10/Ex-NFL-Scout-49ers-are-Starting-Wrong-QB/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=265052&feedID=5936
Wait, you're serious?
All I know is if Alex is not the answer this season than I would rather give Nate a long look as a long term option than Carr or drafting/trading for another QB.
How do you know that Smith isn't the answer? Smith's numbers from last year over 16 games would get us in the playoffs. He has had an off season to learn the offensive system (first time in his career) plus he's got Gore, VD, Crabs, and two new olinemen. If the offensive line can block better than they did last year we should be fine on offense.
I'm not writing Smith off, I want him to succeed. But personally don't think A. Davis is ready to protect him in pass plays for the right side. I think A. Davis will be great in 2-3 years, but don't see why we are starting him if he isn't ready against NFL 1st team defenses.
The organization says they want him to succeed, but I dont think they have the right line for him right now.
Anyways back to N. Davis. I'm not hoping Alex doesn't make it, but its just a what if? What if Alex doesn't do well??? I just don't think the 49ers have a strong contingency plan......
Our oline sucked last year so the coaches must think Davis is already better than what we had. I tend to agree based on what I remember the online doing last year.
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM
- LAFortyNinerfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,644
Maybe it's just been too long since I've last seen them play, but I actually wish the game wasn't coming to an end. Next week already seems like it's too long away.
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM
- Memphis9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,644
Originally posted by DesiDez:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
NATE DAVIS WHY'D YOU THROW INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE?! WHY?!
Another Smith Stan cheering against a 49er QB?
Hello pot...meet kettle.
By the way, WTF is a Smith Stan, isn't that the guy on the American Dad cartoon?
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Do we have anyone to run after Dixon? At this point I would put MRob back in.
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- Kingpin
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,485
you did NOT go to commercial!!
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- Winners
- Member
- Posts: 371
Is anyone recording this and will post a recording? or is anyone streaming it directly afterwards?
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
LMAO so much for a commercial break
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- niner4life21
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,966
How could they possibly unite two dumbasses together for one broadcasting crew? What are the odds of getting a guy with a stutter teamed up with a tool?
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by DesiDez:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
NATE DAVIS WHY'D YOU THROW INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE?! WHY?!
Another Smith Stan cheering against a 49er QB?
Its been the basis for the Smith bashing today....very similar play that led to the Smith makes bad choices chant but all silence when Davis does it....only diff Walker touched it
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
oh boy that delayed commercial break could have got ugly.
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- Negrodamus
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,782
Originally posted by NinerGod:
you did NOT go to commercial!!
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM
- itlynstalyn
- Veteran
- Posts: 38,533
Originally posted by Memphis9er:Originally posted by DesiDez:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
NATE DAVIS WHY'D YOU THROW INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE?! WHY?!
Another Smith Stan cheering against a 49er QB?
Hello pot...meet kettle.
By the way, WTF is a Smith Stan, isn't that the guy on the American Dad cartoon?
You would think people would realize I was being sarcastic. I don't give a s**t if a QB throws into quadruple coverage as long as it's a good pass and the receiver makes the catch.
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM
- cwilson830
- Staff
- Posts: 5,501
Thanks for that block in the back...
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM
- Negrodamus
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,782
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LMAO so much for a commercial break
e. davis "can you hear me"
