LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Carr vs. Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
My hate is not for Davis...it is for the fans who think hes the best qb on this team, if he was he'd be starting. I do understand the 1-4 string thing with Brady he came out as a 7th round pick and earned his way up. Davis has not. I have nothing against you or anyone else or DAVIS I'm just fed up with people saying put Davis in he's god. He could very well be AMAZING but I will reserve judgment until it is proven on the field. He has currently done nothing, he is known to have problems in practice with the playbook and he has done well against scrubs, if he plays well this weekend I WILL BE VERY EXCITED because the niners are life, however until then I will wait for results that matter!@

this x 1billion

Yet the two of you consistently say that Nate Davis SUCKS and is retarded??

he is retarded that doesnt mean i want him to succeed. He is gonna make an awesome 2nd Qb for the next 10+ years behind Alex Smith.

Ill bash Nate Davis as long as people keep bashing Alex Smith.

And it is this type of blind praise of Alex which forces all of the Webzoner's with an accurate perception of reality to bash right back... A treacherous cycle.

Instead of simply stating on which side of the line you fall regarding Smith and Davis, lets break down the specifics:

Select the QB which you feel has the advantage in each of the following categories:

1) Playbook - Smith
2) Accuracy - Davis
3) Arm Strength - Davis
4) Release - Davis
5) Pocket Awareness - Davis
6) Leadership - Smith

Put this together and I'll admit that Smith might be the best thing for this team right now, but in terms of potential, Davis is clearly more projectable.

[ Edited by abowers1984 on Aug 18, 2010 at 20:01:22 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
So the truth is, we won't know if Davis "sucks" or if he's just "blah" until he gets on the field against a 1st string NFL defense. Until then, to cast judgment either way on a 2nd year QB is pretty stupid.

Btw, nobody is saying Davis is god nor does anyone think that (he's yet to prove anything of substance), so stop making s**t up. And if you can't see the raw talent and natural QB skills this kid has, you REALLY don't know your football.

Ghost, I have to disagree with you here. YOU don't think that he is "God" and are reserving judgment, because YOU have football knowledge and common sense. Many in NT have already declared him Pro Bowl bound, however....

Yea and most of those clams are in response to Smith already being inducted to the all of fame. Bottom Line: No he may not know all of the plays; but Smith didn't either last year; yet Nate has performed well. You can only judge a player on how he performs when he is on the field; regardless who he is playing against and with. With the hand he has been given, Nate has looked pretty good. ZSome of us are excited because he shows natural skills beyond anthing demonstrated by the other QB's on the roster. Now we will get a chance to see if that continues.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
My hate is not for Davis...it is for the fans who think hes the best qb on this team, if he was he'd be starting. I do understand the 1-4 string thing with Brady he came out as a 7th round pick and earned his way up. Davis has not. I have nothing against you or anyone else or DAVIS I'm just fed up with people saying put Davis in he's god. He could very well be AMAZING but I will reserve judgment until it is proven on the field. He has currently done nothing, he is known to have problems in practice with the playbook and he has done well against scrubs, if he plays well this weekend I WILL BE VERY EXCITED because the niners are life, however until then I will wait for results that matter!@

~Brady didn't earn his shot until his 2nd season...Davis is in his second season. I don't see your point here.

~I don't necessarily think Davis is the best QB on the team right now...but I also don't think he's the worst. He's clearly the worst practice QB we have, which is the primary reason he's 3rd string. What I do think is that he's a more natural QB than either Smith or Carr, and just needs more time to learn the playbook and of course, actual playing experience to see what he can do against real NFL players.

~IMO, Davis has the natural skills/talent to be an NFL starter...whether he ever gets there will depend on his ability to master a playbook and play within the scheme he's being taught.

brady didnt ern the spot, he came in due to injury. he was the 2nd string qb tho.

My answer was in response to posts by the guy I quoted.

Brady earned the spot by moving up the depth chart from 4th stringer going into his first camp, to being the backup to Bledsoe in his second season. My point was, it didn't happen instantly for him...he had to work his way up the depth chart, which is what Davis is doing.
Share 49ersWebzone