LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Carr vs. Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ok that was kind of mean Nate Davis doesn't suck lol he's just a 3rd string qb thats it he's nto some god like everyone thinks he is blah just frustrated by the fans who don't know anything about football
Originally posted by Thrash88:
I hate to break this to all the *special* fans we have but Nate Davis SUCKS lol he plays against 3rd and 4th string defenders WHO DONT EVEN MAKE THEIR TEAMS and he has moderate success lol. David Carr looked good and so did McCown with the Jaguars. You people honestly don't understand anything about football lol ITS HILARIOUS. Smith might not be the next Drew Brees but Nate Davis IS NOT GOOD and will not start for this team for the next 5 years, possibly ever, THANK GOD. If preseason created winners every team would have signed our former RB hero who led THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING 2 years in a row...his name was Clayton...what's he doing now? thanks have a nice day lol

Maybe it was against 3rd and 4th string defenders, but the fact is, he played well. Even with your interpretation of his performance as "moderate success", which I think is an inaccurate interpretation, his play did not suck. So how is it that you can come to the conclusion that he sucks? You may be of the opinion that he might not play as well against 1st string defenses, but you have not seen that, so you do not know. Given the only evidence available, you cannot say he sucks. Well, you can say it, but there is nothing to indicate that it is true.
The reason people have 1st 2nd and 3rd strings is to break up the best from the worst. Davis being 3rd string meaning he is the worst qb on our team my god people wake up. He tore up the Colts 4th string defense in like the last 4 minutes of the first preseason game why don't we just trade him for Peyton Manning RIGHT NOW!
The reason people have 1st 2nd and 3rd strings is to break up the best from the worst. Davis being 3rd string meaning he is the worst qb on our team my god people wake up. He tore up the Colts 4th string defense in like the last 4 minutes of the first preseason game why don't we just trade him for Peyton Manning RIGHT NOW!

I would like to see Davis play with the second team this next pre-season game to see how he performs. The kid throws very well, good movement in and out of the pocket. He has all the tools physically, I want to see how he does with a little more pressure.
He played against the Chargers 2nd string last year...and sucked...there is a reason he's behind David Carr - HE's NOT READY YET. He might get there, he might not, he's just honestly a potential diamond in the rough who currently isn't good enough to jump up the depth chart.
He played against the Chargers 2nd string last year...and sucked...there is a reason he's behind David Carr - HE's NOT READY YET. He might get there, he might not, he's just honestly a potential diamond in the rough who currently isn't good enough to jump up the depth chart.

Homie you might as well give it up in regards to Nate Davis
ok that was kind of mean Nate Davis doesn't suck lol he's just a 3rd string qb thats it he's nto some god like everyone thinks he is blah just frustrated by the fans who don't know anything about football

Not very bright, are you?

Being 3rd string doesn't automatically mean that he sucks or even that he's "blah" as you say. Sometimes it means you're young and need to learn the pro game, or sometimes it means that the veterans in front of you have the confidence of the coaching staff because they've proven it on the field, they have a track record (good, bad or in the middle somewhere) and have played against the league's best (whereas you haven't...yet). Sure, sometimes it does mean you suck, but we really don't know that until he plays against the best.

So the truth is, we won't know if Davis "sucks" or if he's just "blah" until he gets on the field against a 1st string NFL defense. Until then, to cast judgment either way on a 2nd year QB is pretty stupid.

Btw, nobody is saying Davis is god nor does anyone think that (he's yet to prove anything of substance), so stop making s**t up. And if you can't see the raw talent and natural QB skills this kid has, you REALLY don't know your football.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 18, 2010 at 11:13:31 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Not very bright, are you?

Being 3rd string doesn't automatically mean that he sucks or even that he's "blah" as you say. Sometimes it means you're young and need to learn the pro game, or sometimes it means that the veterans in front of you have the confidence of the coaching staff because they've proven it on the field, they have a track record (good, bad or in the middle somewhere) and have played against the league's best (whereas you haven't...yet). Sure, sometimes it does mean you suck, but we really don't know that until he plays against the best.

So the truth is, we won't know if Davis "sucks" or if he's just "blah" until he gets on the field against a 1st string NFL defense. Until then, to cast judgment either way on a 2nd year QB is pretty stupid.

Btw, nobody is saying Davis is god nor does anyone think that (he's yet to prove anything of substance), so stop making s**t up. And if you can't see the raw talent and natural QB skills this kid has, you REALLY don't know your football.

LOL Ghost on the attack. I love it. Saying Nate Davis sucks is just ridiculous. He obviously has the skills to be an NFL QB. Whether he achieves real success in the NFL remains to be seen.
LOL homerism at it's best, 3rd string is for the 3rd string qb sorry to say it and guess what rookies come in and start right away. He's not a young rookie or a new player he's been on the team more then Carr fact is he can't handle the playbook all he has is an arm, he doesn't understand how to read defenses HE HASNT PLAYED A REAL DEFENSE. Tell me I don't know football buddy lace um up right now name the f**king place your telling me the kid has raw talent so anyone who can throw a ball against 4th string defenses in the preseason is just waiting to blossom into an all star? ARE YOU KIDDING ME If the preseason was any indication on future talent players like McCown and Clayton wouldn't ride the pony once the season starts. Learn your s**t buddy. PS per twitter update Davis will get into games earlier if he plays well I'll support him if he doesn't I'll still support him, I don't think he's ready I guess we will find out won't we!
LOL homerism at it's best, 3rd string is for the 3rd string qb sorry to say it and guess what rookies come in and start right away. He's not a young rookie or a new player he's been on the team more then Carr fact is he can't handle the playbook all he has is an arm, he doesn't understand how to read defenses HE HASNT PLAYED A REAL DEFENSE. Tell me I don't know football buddy lace um up right now name the f**king place your telling me the kid has raw talent so anyone who can throw a ball against 4th string defenses in the preseason is just waiting to blossom into an all star? ARE YOU KIDDING ME If the preseason was any indication on future talent players like McCown and Clayton wouldn't ride the pony once the season starts. Learn your s**t buddy. PS per twitter update Davis will get into games earlier if he plays well I'll support him if he doesn't I'll still support him, I don't think he's ready I guess we will find out won't we!

You don't know football.

From an article on Tom Brady:

Quote:
But at New England, he'd have to start out once again at the bottom. Now for anyone who's played second string, you know the demoralizing feeling of working hard all week to sit on the bench during the games, hoping that, just maybe, your team will get so far ahead that they call in the second string. But he wasn't on second string. He wasn't even on third string. Brady started fourth-string for the Patriots.

I'll make it simple for you because that seems to be all you can handle.

~Sometimes a QB has to wait his turn to show what he can really do, especially if he's not a top draft pick (like Tom Brady, or Johnny Unitas or Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, etc., etc., etc., all of whom were 3rd-stringers at one point in their careers).

~I never said "anyone who can throw a ball against 4th string defenses in the preseason is just waiting to blossom into an all star"...nor did I ever say "pre-season was an indication of future talent." You made that up, like you're making the rest of this crap up. Look up the term "straw man argument," and educate yourself before you reply to someone.

I said, we won't know if he's good or bad until he gets his shot against starters, and that could mean either regular OR pre-season. Who knows if he ever gets a shot? I don't and neither do you, but to cast judgement on a kid because he's not already a starter or 2nd stringer after his first full season is the height of stupidity (you realize that if you were a Patriots fan, that would've been your argument against giving Brady a shot).

You might be right, he might very well suck and never deserve to be more than a 3rd stringer (if even that). But let's give it more than his rookie year to make that call...and let's see him play against starters first before writing him off.

Just a crazy thought...

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 18, 2010 at 11:51:55 ]

Ghost, I have to disagree with you here. YOU don't think that he is "God" and are reserving judgment, because YOU have football knowledge and common sense. Many in NT have already declared him Pro Bowl bound, however....

Take your own advice and support the TEAM. Davis is a part of the TEAM. Or does that just pertain to Alex Smith?

Yes, currently Davis is 3rd string QB. However, it seems foolish to discount the natural ability he has shown in his extremely limited playing time. He has shown poise in the pocket uncharacteristic of most young QBs. Throws the ball on the run very well. He is a 3rd string QB, but some of us think he has shown enough to grab our attention and we would like to see how he fares with and against better players.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Ghost, I have to disagree with you here. YOU don't think that he is "God" and are reserving judgment, because YOU have football knowledge and common sense. Many in NT have already declared him Pro Bowl bound, however....

Not worth the warning.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 18, 2010 at 11:49:25 ]
My hate is not for Davis...it is for the fans who think hes the best qb on this team, if he was he'd be starting. I do understand the 1-4 string thing with Brady he came out as a 7th round pick and earned his way up. Davis has not. I have nothing against you or anyone else or DAVIS I'm just fed up with people saying put Davis in he's god. He could very well be AMAZING but I will reserve judgment until it is proven on the field. He has currently done nothing, he is known to have problems in practice with the playbook and he has done well against scrubs, if he plays well this weekend I WILL BE VERY EXCITED because the niners are life, however until then I will wait for results that matter!@
My hate is not for Davis...it is for the fans who think hes the best qb on this team, if he was he'd be starting. I do understand the 1-4 string thing with Brady he came out as a 7th round pick and earned his way up. Davis has not. I have nothing against you or anyone else or DAVIS I'm just fed up with people saying put Davis in he's god. He could very well be AMAZING but I will reserve judgment until it is proven on the field. He has currently done nothing, he is known to have problems in practice with the playbook and he has done well against scrubs, if he plays well this weekend I WILL BE VERY EXCITED because the niners are life, however until then I will wait for results that matter!@

this x 1billion
Share 49ersWebzone