There are 199 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carr vs. Davis

After watching AZ rookie QB Skeleton torch Houston, My eyes are fixed on our backups tomorrow. I really believe this is Alex's year, but want to see something out of them.
I got $20 on Davis out playing Carr
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by foundone:
After watching AZ rookie QB Skeleton torch Houston, My eyes are fixed on our backups tomorrow. I really believe this is Alex's year, but want to see something out of them.
I got $20 on Davis out playing Carr

Lets hope so, Davis will be playing against 3rd and 4th stringers.
Davis will be the third stringer for at least 2 more seasons. He just needs time and the Niners are poised to make the playoffs so they arent going to leave there season in his hands.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Davis will be the third stringer for at least 2 more seasons. He just needs time and the Niners are poised to make the playoffs so they arent going to leave there season in his hands.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
carr is gonna win hands down
Could care less really as long as we win....
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

U dont know sh**
Originally posted by fly15:

U dont know sh**

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for thojess.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Could care less really as long as we win....

You know, its a preseason game. Its all about player development and getting the rust off, not winning. THESE GAMES DON"T COUNT!
Originally posted by fly15:

U dont know sh**

Except he's right

Not so sure. Carr has less experience in the system, less arm strength, less accuracy.

He does have more NFL experience, but you never know. He tends to shot-put his throws. Not only does that affect velocity, it leaves him more susceptible to injury. Depending on what happens in pre-season, I might rather have Davis come in as the #2 anyways. If he can show even more improvement combined with a knowledge of the playbook, what's stopping him from hurdling Carr?

I like the idea of Davis as the #2, but only if he shows me he's worthy of it. He'll need time against better players than 3rd/4th string.
f**k Alex Smiths backups
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Alex Smiths backups

The evolution of the WZ and NT.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home