There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er radio

Hey yall...quick question from niner fan in Houston...what Bay Area station do you listen to for sports talk about niners...Im sick of listening to Texan camp news...thanks for the help!!
knbr.com

go niners
Originally posted by servegmo:
knbr.com

go niners

Knbr 680 is had more 9er talk

w/ All bay area sports talk with 9er tidbits from camp every 20 mins
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
knbr.com

go niners

i listen to them all day and lately they haven't talked about the niners except a blurp here and there. if you were listening to knbr you would not know that balmer has missd practce. but they sure do find time to talk about everything else. i undersand the baseball but damn all day every show its the same thing. but i do know that once we get into the season they wont stop talking about them.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
knbr.com

go niners

i listen to them all day and lately they haven't talked about the niners except a blurp here and there. if you were listening to knbr you would not know that balmer has missd practce. but they sure do find time to talk about everything else. i undersand the baseball but damn all day every show its the same thing. but i do know that once we get into the season they wont stop talking about them.

When I moved to Texas from the bay area I sure missed KNBR. The sports jocks in Dallas were terrible.

During last season I started streaming KNBR on the internet and found that KNBR's quality had dropped below that of the jokers in Dallas. Other than listening to coverage immediately following games, KNBR has become dead to me.
depends on who's show it is
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
knbr.com

go niners

Lol Well it is baseball season and the Giants are playing good ball and have a great shot at the playoffs.

The niners/raiders have been so irrelevant for the last decade I can't really blame them for making a slight shift. But you're right, once football season starts, you'll hear a lot more, even if it is just general NFL talk.
Unfortunately I can't get KNBR at work. Need a dang plug in and my network won't allow me to install it!!! I'm stuck with the fan. At least it's entertaining. I've tried KNBR at home and I just couldn't connect with the hosts they came across as bored and could care less to do the show. My oldest was like what are we listening to these guys are horrible lets go back to 105.3.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Unfortunately I can't get KNBR at work. Need a dang plug in and my network won't allow me to install it!!! I'm stuck with the fan. At least it's entertaining. I've tried KNBR at home and I just couldn't connect with the hosts they came across as bored and could care less to do the show. My oldest was like what are we listening to these guys are horrible lets go back to 105.3.

The Razor and Mr. T have their moments. Gary is ok but doesn't really do his homework. Fitz & Brooks are NBA mouthpieces. And the morning guys are pretty horrible, often rambling on about UCLA or some socal school even though they are based out of SF.
knbr.com

go niners

20 minutes of sports talk and 40 minutes of commercials.

I'm interested in hearing the play-by-play of the games. Is there a good station to tune into?
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I'm interested in hearing the play-by-play of the games. Is there a good station to tune into?

cant do it unless your local, otherwise you need a subscription
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

cant do it unless your local, otherwise you need a subscription

I am local. In fact, I'm going to be at the game, but I've found it very annoying that I cant hardly figure out what's going on because I cant hear the announcer nor see the tiny replay screens. I see lots of people with radios at the games and found out pretty quickly why.

you are a local but don't know that the niners broadcasts are on KNBR?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

you are a local but don't know that the niners broadcasts are on KNBR?

Pretty much... I always watch on TV or go watch live. I've only listened to KNBR a couple of times and it was during the week when they had Young and some other players on.