LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

What a bummer, Balmer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Balmer is safe for the rest of the day:

There will be a 49ers roster move in the afternoon. Don't know what it is, but the word is it will not involve Kentwan Balmer.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/20921605825
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
yea hes a bust because he missed his first practice of training camp ...

fail

Epic fail.

He's a bust because he hasn't done a damn thing. He's a first round pick that can't even sniff the field.

Apparently some don't follow Niner news day to day because the thread is about what his reason is for having to leave training camp, not his excuse for underperforming. Bust or otherwise, the question is what his personal issue is and not whether or not him missing practice makes him a bust.

...So I'd have to say there's no 'fail' there.

I say, he's still on the team and while he may not become the perennial all-pro we'd like from every 1st round pick, he may still find his place. He's dissappointed, but the vast majority of picks do and he is not yet a total bust. That being said, semi-defending a current Niner who has potential is rarely a fail.

Not understanding the thread you're posting in and dissing a fellow poster for pointing that out while using it as an excuse to whine about how much a Niner sucks is much more of a fail.

He failed because he thought people were calling Balmer a bust simply because he missed practice. There was no misunderstanding of the thread on my part. I knew what the thread was about, but it took a different direction early. Nice try.

You fail at seeing things the way those of us in the real world see them. Reality. Being optimistic is cool, but at some point you people need to look at things without the homer goggles on. Balmer was at the very bottom of the DE rotation, IN HIS THIRD YEAR in the league. I'm surprised the guy ever suited up for a game because he couldn't even sniff the field. A guy drafted in the first round has no business being last on the depth chart. He hasn't done a damn thing, and he hasn't even been progressing. That's a bust. Period.
dips**t>Balmer
If you don't show up for work you usually get fired. The guy is on thin ice to begin with plus he has not shown anything as a player.
Khalif Mtchell FTW
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
RJF and Evans are loving this...
I guess he's done. No meeting scheduled according to the matts
49ers say there is no Balmer-Singletary meeting scheduled. Looks as if team has moved on without him.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/20931189664

[ Edited by WestCoast on Aug 11, 2010 at 17:58:18 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
49ers say there is no Balmer-Singletary meeting scheduled. Looks as if team has moved on without him.

If we let him go, I'd be almost as happy as the times when we got rid of Kwame and Jennings. Too bad he'll most likely be released instead of traded, getting maybe a late rd pick would've been better than nothing.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

If we let him go, I'd be almost as happy as the times when we got rid of Kwame and Jennings. Too bad he'll most likely be released instead of traded, getting maybe a late rd pick would've been better than nothing.

we'd probably get a pickle for Balmer

I bet the seahawks pick him up
  • flow
  • Veteran
The only reason he was a one year wonder at NC was because his coach told him that he wouldn't be drafted if he didn't show something his senior season. He turned up the temp and was drafted then went back to sitting on his a$$. He did just enough to keep from getting cut outright. These a$$holes who could be really good and they throw it away make me want to puke on them.
mattbarrows

Kentwan Balmer is on his way to the 49ers facility to meet with Mike Singletary. Said Balmer ...

mattbarrows

..."Me and coach Sing got a pretty good relationship, a good understanding of what's going on. Hopefully we're going to find a common ground

[ Edited by jreff22 on Aug 11, 2010 at 19:10:43 ]
Is it that NCAA thing?

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 11, 2010 at 19:13:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone