Training Camp 2010

All signed, let's rock n rolle!
Originally posted by sixbricks:
All signed, let's rock n rolle!

That never gets old!
Let's get it!!

Originally posted by NinerGM:

FRANKLIN WATCH

With every day that passes he's just proving to me why we shouldn't extend him.
Originally posted by sf4916:
Hey guys,

I'm hoping that someone could answer this question over the weekend, but does anybody know if toddlers need a ticket for training camp? I have a 2 year old son, and I got him a ticket just in case. If he doesn't need a ticket, I can give my extra ticket to a friend. Any info helps.

Thanks!

That's a good question. I've never taken a toddler, so I can't help you with it, but I think it should be addressed.

Anybody here taken a toddler?
Originally posted by valrod33:

I see your gif and raise you this commercial:

Seriously though, anyone get a chance to attend today? Any good signs from Alex Smith or was it just for rooks today and everyone starts Monday?
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I see your gif and raise you this commercial:

Seriously though, anyone get a chance to attend today? Any good signs from Alex Smith or was it just for rooks today and everyone starts Monday?

It was rookie report day, where they were given a classroom introduction to the business practices of the team/expectations (when to report, what happens if you don't, what to say/what not to say to the media, our mission statement, ect.).

They were filled in on all the private behind-the-scenes stuff, and probably issued their individualized playbooks since they're now apart of the organization.

First day of practice will be held private Sunday (they'll be in shells), and the open-practice days in pads start Monday.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
thats cool that some fans feel like ''football is back'' when TC arrives.. like TC is cool n all, but personally I haven't felt that it starts until i see the preseason games on tv... i stil feel like football is an eternity away! cant wait!! omg two more weeks!! any one feel the same or is it just me?
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
He needs to get into camp. The niners need to set up a deal with Franklin based on insentives. 1. Come to camp 2. Work out a deal for 3 years 3. If he has a good year through Nov, then both sides sign the contract. 4. If he has a so so year sign a 2 year deal or 3 years for less money. He can't miss camp and end up injured for the year because he started too late.

The team can no longer negotiate a multi-year deal with Franklin until after the season, according to league rules.

Franklin's only option is to sign or not sign. If he does not sign then he loses $7m. If he signs then he earns $7m.

The team must wait until after the season to begin negotiations for an extended term contract.

Franklin would be foolish not to sign at this point. We can expect him in camp.
hings i want to see in TC

a legit leader for PR ( Gin should be our KR)

anthony davis and iupati to have a commanding lead on the RT and LG position respectfully

we know taylor mays has amazing work ethic but can he fix his mechanics and how fast can he do it ( we need speed in our secondary !!!)

IMO those are the main things i will look for in TC
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
hings i want to see in TC

a legit leader for PR ( Gin should be our KR)

anthony davis and iupati to have a commanding lead on the RT and LG position respectfully

we know taylor mays has amazing work ethic but can he fix his mechanics and how fast can he do it ( we need speed in our secondary !!!)

IMO those are the main things i will look for in TC

100% agree.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jul 31, 2010 at 07:26:06 ]
Ready for an exciting training camp for the 49ers! Gonna be a great season.
cant wait its been a long off season
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't wait to see my boys Davis and Iupati come in and take over on the OL. It's been a while since we had a decent line.
Franklin will be in camp but when?? If he sits out 2-3 weeks there is a good chance he could end up with an injury. There have been numerous guys with contract disputes who have held out and when they reported they tried to make up lost ground too fast and suffered an injury. I haven't heard anything about Franklin working out on his own or with a trainer. If he's been watching tv and eating HoHo's his a$$ is bigger than my Aunt Margaret's by now. At least Nate went to AZ and I would suspect, worked with that really good trainer who specializes in speed improvement. I expect Clements to come back kicking butt big time this year. Franklin will probably just have a big butt that gets kicked.