There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Training Camp 2010

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Quote:
• Rusty or not, Crabtree stands out. On one short pass in 7-on-7, S Taylor Mays was all over him on a crossing route, but Crabs managed to tip the ball and catch it mostly with one hand. One of the better 4-yard gains you're likely to see.

I don't know what I'm more happy about, Crabtree making that catch....or the fact that Taylor Mays was all over him ..

god I hope Mays works his way into the starting lineup.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Quote:
• Rusty or not, Crabtree stands out. On one short pass in 7-on-7, S Taylor Mays was all over him on a crossing route, but Crabs managed to tip the ball and catch it mostly with one hand. One of the better 4-yard gains you're likely to see.

I don't know what I'm more happy about, Crabtree making that catch....or the fact that Taylor Mays was all over him ..

god I hope Mays works his way into the starting lineup.

I was thinking the exact same thing
Would be nice to see this happen.
Quote:

Running back Frank Gore might not play either, but he sounded as if he wanted at least one crack at getting the team’s top playmakers on the field for one final dress rehearsal.
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

Why was Snyder the replacement for Staley? Why not Sims?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

Why was Snyder the replacement for Staley? Why not Sims?

vet courtesy maybe. Sims is the bonafide backup LT last I heard. If Snyder sees time at LT during the regular season we're f**ked.
How much concern should there be for the stinger David Baas suffered today?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
How much concern should there be for the stinger David Baas suffered today?

dude is fragile
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

Why was Snyder the replacement for Staley? Why not Sims?



Yeah.. should put Sims better than Snyder.. I don't know why Sings decided to put Snyder the replacement for Staley..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

Why was Snyder the replacement for Staley? Why not Sims?



Yeah.. should put Sims better than Snyder.. I don't know why Sings decided to put Snyder the replacement for Staley..
simms probally got veteran courtesy its not like snyder played instead of simms in the game
mattbarrows

Harsh word between V Davis and Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside ...

mattbarrows

Niners line up for team session w/o Crabtree and V Davis who are still huddling with Singletary on another field ...

MaioccoCSN

Very interesting scene off to side of practice field with Singletary moderating animated "discussion" between Vernon Davis and Crabtree.
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows

Harsh word between V Davis and Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside ...

mattbarrows

Niners line up for team session w/o Crabtree and V Davis who are still huddling with Singletary on another field ...

MaioccoCSN

Very interesting scene off to side of practice field with Singletary moderating animated "discussion" between Vernon Davis and Crabtree.
Skinny_Post

RT @mattbarrows: Harsh word btwn V Davis & Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside>> "I've missed more practices" "No, I'VE missed more"

mattbarrows

Singletary, V. Davis and Crabtree just walked into the locker room ... during the middle of a walk through.

MaioccoCSN

And now Singletary takes Vernon Davis and Crabtree inside locker room while rest of 49ers continue with walk-through.

Skinny_Post

RT @InternCSN: @Skinny_Post haha, funny. What caused the tension? >> Shhhh... I'm skipping practice today

mattbarrows

Only words I could make out were a couple of f bombs from Davis, who was the more animated of 2 @ElvinPritchard What????? Elaborate Please.
mattbarrows

Looks like Aubrayo Franklin is lining up with the first-tead defense at nose tackle ...
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers
Originally posted by jreff22:
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

lol Sing is scared he might get hurt because we have no other real options after that. I doubt VD and Crabby and Gore play too.
Originally posted by jreff22:
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

That's good because Alex mentioned that they don't plan at all for this game and are using two weeks to install and practice the Game 1 plan, which means if he starts this game, it will be without a plan and winging it off his natural talent...

...and we all know how that works out with Alex Smith. He will be ineffective if he plays this game.

Smith, Staley, Gore and VD should be the only players sitting out on offense as they have the most to lose from this game in terms of possible injury or reps not needed.