LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Training Camp 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

That's good because Alex mentioned that they don't plan at all for this game and are using two weeks to install and practice the Game 1 plan, which means if he starts this game, it will be without a plan and winging it off his natural talent...

...and we all know how that works out with Alex Smith. He will be ineffective if he plays this game.

Smith, Staley, Gore and VD should be the only players sitting out on offense as they have the most to lose from this game in terms of possible injury or reps not needed.

wow, really? We get it dude, you don't like Alex Smith. but he is the starter, maybe you should just support him like normal fans

I do. I'm just saying it's better he doesn't play in a game he really doesn't know the plan for.
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

That's good because Alex mentioned that they don't plan at all for this game and are using two weeks to install and practice the Game 1 plan, which means if he starts this game, it will be without a plan and winging it off his natural talent...

...and we all know how that works out with Alex Smith. He will be ineffective if he plays this game.

Smith, Staley, Gore and VD should be the only players sitting out on offense as they have the most to lose from this game in terms of possible injury or reps not needed.

wow, really? We get it dude, you don't like Alex Smith. but he is the starter, maybe you should just support him like normal fans

I do. I'm just saying it's better he doesn't play in a game he really doesn't know the plan for.

ur just hating
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Sep 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
SF_49ers

ur just hating

No he's not, he's being realistic. "winging it" was never Smith's forte.
Takeo is coming on KNBR at 2PM local
What about defense?

Crabtree should play
They haven't game planned for any pre-season game, and Smith's done fine......
Originally posted by defenderDX:

In way, yes they have. They worked on the playbook and certain plays that week. These were plays they were going to focus on in the preseason game, plays that they need to work on. This week, it's all about working on exactly what they will be doing during Week 1 which means they will be practicing almost nothing that will be called in preseason game 4. In preseason game 4, Jimmy Raye will be picking anything out of the playbook.

I think it's realistic to think it's better if Smith sits to keep his memory of his last game when prepared, which was good.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
SF_49ers

ur just hating

he winged it for sure against the texans last year unless hes phychic and knew he would play to start the second half
Originally posted by teeohh:
What about defense?

Crabtree should play

with carr at qb? no
Originally posted by defenderDX:

In way, yes they have. They worked on the playbook and certain plays that week. These were plays they were going to focus on in the preseason game, plays that they need to work on. This week, it's all about working on exactly what they will be doing during Week 1 which means they will be practicing almost nothing that will be called in preseason game 4. In preseason game 4, Jimmy Raye will be picking anything out of the playbook.

I think it's realistic to think it's better if Smith sits to keep his memory of his last game when prepared, which was good.

Regardless, they didn't gameplan for the Colts game or Vikings, and hardly the raiders. They only did for the raiders because it's what teams do as the preseason dwindles down.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by teeohh:
What about defense?

Crabtree should play

with carr at qb? no
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
SF_49ers

ur just hating

where the f**k do u get this from??

how do u even know when he's winging it or not lol. silly ninertalk
ummm training camp is over...
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Originally posted by WestCoast:

would you rather have somebody start a preseason practice thread? Once the last preseason game is over we can lock this thing.
Share 49ersWebzone