LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Training Camp 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

Why was Snyder the replacement for Staley? Why not Sims?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Phil Barber:
LT Joe Staley (sprained knee) and ILB Matt Wilhelm (headaches) also were limited to individual work. Adam Snyder replaced Staley at left tackle with the first team, while Tony Wragge got the work at center.

vet courtesy maybe. Sims is the bonafide backup LT last I heard. If Snyder sees time at LT during the regular season we're f**ked.
How much concern should there be for the stinger David Baas suffered today?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
How much concern should there be for the stinger David Baas suffered today?

dude is fragile
Phil Barber:

Yeah.. should put Sims better than Snyder.. I don't know why Sings decided to put Snyder the replacement for Staley..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Phil Barber:

Yeah.. should put Sims better than Snyder.. I don't know why Sings decided to put Snyder the replacement for Staley..
simms probally got veteran courtesy its not like snyder played instead of simms in the game
mattbarrows

Harsh word between V Davis and Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside ...

mattbarrows

Niners line up for team session w/o Crabtree and V Davis who are still huddling with Singletary on another field ...

MaioccoCSN

Very interesting scene off to side of practice field with Singletary moderating animated "discussion" between Vernon Davis and Crabtree.
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows

Harsh word between V Davis and Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside ...

mattbarrows

Niners line up for team session w/o Crabtree and V Davis who are still huddling with Singletary on another field ...

MaioccoCSN

Very interesting scene off to side of practice field with Singletary moderating animated "discussion" between Vernon Davis and Crabtree.
Skinny_Post

RT @mattbarrows: Harsh word btwn V Davis & Crabtree. Singletary has to pull them aside>> "I've missed more practices" "No, I'VE missed more"

mattbarrows

Singletary, V. Davis and Crabtree just walked into the locker room ... during the middle of a walk through.

MaioccoCSN

And now Singletary takes Vernon Davis and Crabtree inside locker room while rest of 49ers continue with walk-through.

Skinny_Post

RT @InternCSN: @Skinny_Post haha, funny. What caused the tension? >> Shhhh... I'm skipping practice today

mattbarrows

Only words I could make out were a couple of f bombs from Davis, who was the more animated of 2 @ElvinPritchard What????? Elaborate Please.
mattbarrows

Looks like Aubrayo Franklin is lining up with the first-tead defense at nose tackle ...
SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

SF_49ers

Singletary just announced that Alex Smith will not play against the #Chargers. David Carr will "probably" start for the #49ers

lol Sing is scared he might get hurt because we have no other real options after that. I doubt VD and Crabby and Gore play too.
SF_49ers

That's good because Alex mentioned that they don't plan at all for this game and are using two weeks to install and practice the Game 1 plan, which means if he starts this game, it will be without a plan and winging it off his natural talent...

...and we all know how that works out with Alex Smith. He will be ineffective if he plays this game.

Smith, Staley, Gore and VD should be the only players sitting out on offense as they have the most to lose from this game in terms of possible injury or reps not needed.
SF_49ers

Good. Sorry, but I hope he plays SO bad that Sing has no choice but to make Davis #2.
MBachCSN

Alex Smith, Vernon Davis & Frank Gore will not play against San Diego. Crabtree may play Singletary said
Originally posted by Joecool:
SF_49ers

That's good because Alex mentioned that they don't plan at all for this game and are using two weeks to install and practice the Game 1 plan, which means if he starts this game, it will be without a plan and winging it off his natural talent...

...and we all know how that works out with Alex Smith. He will be ineffective if he plays this game.

Smith, Staley, Gore and VD should be the only players sitting out on offense as they have the most to lose from this game in terms of possible injury or reps not needed.

wow, really? We get it dude, you don't like Alex Smith. but he is the starter, maybe you should just support him like normal fans
Share 49ersWebzone