LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

If we make the playoffs.......

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we make the playoffs.......

Lately Ive been hearing that our beloved 49ers may actually have their best shot at the playoffs in several seasons. My question is: Who is going to lead us passed the threshold?
Kind of a dumb question...Obviously everything falls on Alex Smith. How he performs will determine whether we even make it OR not. Only time will tell.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Kind of a dumb question...Obviously everything falls on Alex Smith. How he performs will determine whether we even make it OR not. Only time will tell.

Kind of is an understatement. This is a quarterback driven league. Good quarterbacks lead their teams to the playoffs and more. It's a fact.
WHEN we make playoffs, its WHEN
I picked other.. It's up to the old geezers to jump up, get drunk and cheer!!!!
Patrick Willis. If he starts out the year on a tear then I could see us get a lot of confidence and make noise in the playoffs with very solid defense and average offense, as good as the superbowl winning Ravens.
I agree; this is a foolish question.

Football is one of the few genuine team sports. No single player will bring us across the playoff threshold. We will sink or swim as a team unit.

Sing has that point of view, too, which is why this team, once built into a powerhouse, will remain a powerhouse for years to come; because no single player makes the team what it is... it all requires team effort.

So I vote for all of them.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Kind of is an understatement. This is a quarterback driven league. Good quarterbacks lead their teams to the playoffs and more. It's a fact.

I beg to differ. Many teams in the history of this league have had success getting to the playoffs with a mediocre quarterback. We have some good enough talent around Alex, that all he needs to do is not turn the ball over and play smart football. If we make the playoffs it will be a team effort, with every player on the field contributing to our success.
[ Edited by SoMovedOn on Jul 22, 2010 at 12:57 AM ]

• Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

Awesome!
this is a team game dood
its gotta be Alex. i dont think he'll be merely a game manager though. if last years passing success was any indication of what theyre gonna do theyre gonna stick with what worked. we have weapons all over and it would be a shame to waste talent like that. i expect a lot of yards through the air early and pounding people into the ground in the second half of games with the run. they should be pretty balanced, i think i remember raye saying in an article that the ideal ratio would be 60-40 or even more than 60% pass.
I'm pro Alex Smith but IMO he has to be the man at QB in order to make the playoff's. .

Ultimatley this will be a "Team" effort. Alex has to be the difference and his PLAY making ability needs to go way up to get it done.......

Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by SoMovedOn:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I beg to differ. Many teams in the history of this league have had success getting to the playoffs with a mediocre quarterback. We have some good enough talent around Alex, that all he needs to do is not turn the ball over and play smart football. If we make the playoffs it will be a team effort, with every player on the field contributing to our success.

History smistory

The last 5 Superbowls have had
Drew Breese
Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Ben Rothlesburger
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Ben Rothlesburger
Matt Hassleback (when he was really good)

All but 1 QB in the last 5 SB's was a stud, that one who wasn't a stud (grossman I think) lost.
Share 49ersWebzone