There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We haven't had a balanced attack in over 8 years

Will it happen this year?

We ran the ball 40% and passed 60% of the time last year.

We were 30th in rush attempts per game and 21st in pass attempts (yea Jimmy raye is pretty horrible). IMO, this will be Jimmy Raye's last year with the 49ers. We might or might not make the playoffs, but I don't see this offense improving under such a pathetic OC.
yea ok
balanced attack = winning football

last 8 seasons, not winning football. Pretty easy correlation.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

balanced attack = running the ball efficiently, big plays in the pass game, and defense staying rested

haven't seen that in ages
We will have a balanced attack when we have a good QB. At the moment, we don't have one yet.
I agree. He's senile.
Tell that to the Colts
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Tell that to the Colts

Good thing we are the 49ers

P.S.
They had a balanced attack when they won the SB.

Addai and Kerry Rhodes were beasting.
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM ]
OMG another anti Raye thread. Season hasn't started and we are already in the s**tter. Nice outlook on having the same coordinator 2 years in a row and a legit reciever and possibly to beastly linemen for a change.

Yep we're gonna stink up the NFL this year. Call the commish and tell him we forfit the year.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Tell that to the Colts

P.S.

Addai and Dominic Rhodes were beasting.

Fixed
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
OMG another anti Raye thread. Season hasn't started and we are already in the s**tter. Nice outlook on having the same coordinator 2 years in a row and a legit reciever and possibly to beastly linemen for a change.

Yep we're gonna stink up the NFL this year. Call the commish and tell him we forfit the year.

I dont think he was being doom and gloom. Just pointing out a trend he's noticed.

As far as a balanced attack goes, we need better play out of our QB. We got the RB but we haven't been able to generate enough big plays out of the passing games to keep Ds honest.

We have no shortage of playmakers and an offense in its second year for the first time. Ultimately it will come down to the QB. And unlike most others here I will not take this time to either bash or slurp Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by kingairta:

I dont think he was being doom and gloom. Just pointing out a trend he's noticed.

As far as a balanced attack goes, we need better play out of our QB. We got the RB but we haven't been able to generate enough big plays out of the passing games to keep Ds honest.

We have no shortage of playmakers and an offense in its second year for the first time. Ultimately it will come down to the QB. And unlike most others here I will not take this time to either bash or slurp Alex Smith.

I think it's an anti raye thread vieled as a lack of a balanced attack.

But what do I know. I'm going off of the OPs last two sentances in the first post.
[ Edited by kingairta on Jul 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Not all the time bud. The Pats pass almost every down. The NFL has changed, passing teams have better, more efficient offenses now, usually.

With Hill starting, you almost had to be a running offense. After Smith tore it up the 2nd half of HOU almost all of us wanted an open offense. Raye should have a better feel this year...

Lets at least hit preseason before the hatorade comes out.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Tell that to the Colts

P.S.

Addai and Kerry Rhodes were beasting.

No, they didn't.

557 passing attempts, 439 rushing attempts.

Colts had an average rushing attack (18th) when they won the Super Bowl. They did have a balanced attack during those playoffs though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM ]