There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Network top 5 Rb's

I would have to agree with the rankings, although I doubt CJ stays on the top for long. Gore is a better all round back as he seems like the better blocker, pass catcher, runner. Jackson is a beast, and I hate playing against him, which justifies Gore at 4th spot, which I am okay with...
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by Num1player16:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Pretty fair except I think gore's better than jackson. jackson's hurt more than gore

Jackson is a BEAST. This ranking is fair.

Gore had 9 more Td's and more runs of 20+ and 40+ yards.
Gore wasn't on the worst team in the NFL

exactly he gets the ball less because we actually have wr's to throw the ball to.
and the defense can't put 8 guys in the box. the good passing games positives and negatives cancel out. as much as i love gore, jackson is a beast and if he was on the vikings probably would put up AP numbers.
Another botched list on The Network. Ray Rice is no where to be found, Turner shouldn't be on the list, and it's a travesty that Jackson is ahead of Gore.
any way i look at it gore 4.9 yards a carry, and stephen jackson 4.4..... and more td's id rather have the ball handed off too gore any day over jackson.

PS gores ypc is always high!!!
Originally posted by MrFantastic:
Why is that Chris Johnson only has 1 good year, yet makes number 1 for RBs but Vernon Davis had q better year then all the other TEs but hardly gets any love?

VD hardly gets any love? Last offseason he wouldn't even have been mentioned in a top 15 list. I do agree he got screwed by being tied for 5th when he should probably be 3rd or 4th, but he IS indeed getting love now.
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Pretty fair except I think gore's better than jackson. jackson's hurt more than gore

Gore wasn't on the worst team in the NFL

exactly he gets the ball less because we actually have wr's to throw the ball to.
and the defense can't put 8 guys in the box. the good passing games positives and negatives cancel out. as much as i love gore, jackson is a beast and if he was on the vikings probably would put up AP numbers.

So would Gore.
I'm okay with the rankings of this list, I agree that Gore is better than Jackson, but Jackson did play on the worst team in the league, and he's been a true professional out on the field. Going into this season, i can understand the placement, but I think Gore will have a strong season and jump up this unofficial ranking.
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

niners o line may be s**t but the rams o line is much much much worse

these rankings are fair
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I don't get why Chris "24k Dentures" Johnson is #1. He had one great year. Whoopity whoop. Ricky Martin had one good year too, now where the hell is he?

well he did almost break the rushing yds record but the main reason is because in his first year as starter he did good hes 1 for 1
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

these rankings are fair

Oline is only a piece of the issue, predictable play calling is another. Does this sound familiar, Morgan motioning across the line and popping a squat right before Alex says hike and Gore runs straight up the middle? Remember the first game against the Cards? They loaded the middle and Jimmy Jam continued to run it up the gut for zero yards most of the game. How we won is beyond a mystery.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

these rankings are fair

Oline is only a piece of the issue, predictable play calling is another. Does this sound familiar, Morgan motioning across the line and popping a squat right before Alex says hike and Gore runs straight up the middle? Remember the first game against the Cards? They loaded the middle and Jimmy Jam continued to run it up the gut for zero yards most of the game. How we won is beyond a mystery.

Not only that, but our O-Line performed worse than the Rams' last year, so no, the Rams O-Line isn't "much much much worse."
The only thing I'd change is DeAngelo Williams over MJD.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Gore's the most complete back on that list...but The Burner and Jax are close...

Burner can't catch. He has 22 catches in his career. Not really complete.
I still don't think AP is as good as everyone makes him out to be
Originally posted by strickac:
The only thing I'd change is DeAngelo Williams over MJD.

Yeah, where the f**k are Williams and Rice?

And who said they get nervous playing Jackson? We've stuffed him ever since drafting Willis.