49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 580 users in the forums

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I think it depends on the QB. We have other weapons, (Crabs, VD, Ginn, D-Love, Morgan) so if we have a QB that can deliver then there's no way teams can continue to stack the box. Now, if our QB can't get the ball to these guys, then Gore's going to have another long season...


I don't agree dude. I think it all depends on Raye. Last season we saw WAY too many 3 and outs that consisted of; run up the middle, run to the left, run to the right, punt. Or it was run, run, and short pass followed by punt. Then, after halftime, it was a different offense. The only problem is, by halftime the team is down by 20 points.

Raye needs to let Smith throw the ball around EARLY in games. I'm tired of seeing the run at all cost style of play bury this team by halftime.

Don't forget the O-line either. Neither Smith or Raye can do much without an O-line that can put together a series without huge pressure on the QB. Raye was trying to eat up clock in the first half of a lot of games to keep our D off the field, then we would fall behind by the half.

I think our O-line guys are guna be too raw to give Smith much help. Maybe in the latter half of the season...Just too many question marks on the offense for teams to get off of Gore. I'm kinda glad so many people disagree with me though. Gives me more hope

I believe Smith is enough to make the plays, but Raye has to call a good game as well. I hope he utilizes the weapons we have now... there is no denying the "big-play" potential we have in Crabs 'n Davis. So, this should help Gore a lot.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I think it depends on the QB. We have other weapons, (Crabs, VD, Ginn, D-Love, Morgan) so if we have a QB that can deliver then there's no way teams can continue to stack the box. Now, if our QB can't get the ball to these guys, then Gore's going to have another long season...


I don't agree dude. I think it all depends on Raye. Last season we saw WAY too many 3 and outs that consisted of; run up the middle, run to the left, run to the right, punt. Or it was run, run, and short pass followed by punt. Then, after halftime, it was a different offense. The only problem is, by halftime the team is down by 20 points.

Raye needs to let Smith throw the ball around EARLY in games. I'm tired of seeing the run at all cost style of play bury this team by halftime.

Don't forget the O-line either. Neither Smith or Raye can do much without an O-line that can put together a series without huge pressure on the QB. Raye was trying to eat up clock in the first half of a lot of games to keep our D off the field, then we would fall behind by the half.

I think our O-line guys are guna be too raw to give Smith much help. Maybe in the latter half of the season...Just too many question marks on the offense for teams to get off of Gore. I'm kinda glad so many people disagree with me though. Gives me more hope

I believe Smith is enough to make the plays, but Raye has to call a good game as well. I hope he utilizes the weapons we have now... there is no denying the "big-play" potential we have in Crabs 'n Davis. So, this should help Gore a lot.

The combination of improved play from the O-line and increased experience from the WR will allow the play-calling to be more creative, which will open it up for Frank during the second half of games. And then he can rack up 100yd games as we pound the rock in the second half .
This is probably one of the best poll questions I've ever seen -- and the answer is YES, YES, and YES again.

I can't believe all of the folks who have voted no. On what do you base that vote?

There is only one way that Gore gets out from underneath that eight men in the box and that is for Alex Smith to light it up from one end of the field to the other and do it CONSISTENTLY -- game in and game out.

What have you seen from Smith that makes you believe he can do that? Because -- until he can -- or does -- Gore is our only weapon. You can stack as many Crabtrees and Vernons on the offense as you like. Until you have someone who can hit them consistently -- it doesn't mean jack.

I've already made my feelings clear on Alex. I'm not going to turn this into a hater thread. I just don't think he can do it.
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is probably one of the best poll questions I've ever seen -- and the answer is YES, YES, and YES again.

I can't believe all of the folks who have voted no. On what do you base that vote?

There is only one way that Gore gets out from underneath that eight men in the box and that is for Alex Smith to light it up from one end of the field to the other and do it CONSISTENTLY -- game in and game out.

What have you seen from Smith that makes you believe he can do that? Because -- until he can -- or does -- Gore is our only weapon. You can stack as many Crabtrees and Vernons on the offense as you like. Until you have someone who can hit them consistently -- it doesn't mean jack.

I've already made my feelings clear on Alex. I'm not going to turn this into a hater thread. I just don't think he can do it.


I just ask you to name one team that stacked the box with Alex Smith in as QB besides Houston, in which they paid for. Teams did not stack the box against Alex, they were stacking up the box with Hill in because they knew his limited arm stregnth and knew that Morgan/Bruce were our best recievers.

Suddenly Crabtree comes in, and the sudden emergence of Vernon Davis, teams were unable to stack the box. Habing a LB single cover VD, and Crabtree. They just couldn't. See I don't get this idea where teams were stacking the box with Alex in. I could be wrong, but I don't recall one single team being able to stack the box like the Falcons, Rams, Vikings were able to do with Hill in. This isn't a knock on Hill, I'm just saying I don't know where this idea that teams were stacking the box with Alex in at the helm.

I admit I may be wrong, but I honestly don't believe I am.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Anyone who challenges me is automatically wrong.

I believe this is written into Webzone bylaws somewhere.
until Axle Smith proves he can do some damage with is arm, they will continue to stack the box.


stack it and we attack it
Same offense for once.
Sing is not stupid and is also not afraid of changing things up.
I was in miami this weekend and i saw frank gore in my friend's hotel lobby. I obviously wanted to go up to him but he was talking to the concierge and had a bunch of his boys with him. Unfortunately, it wasnt the right time and place. Anyways, he looked good and he probably took home half of the fine girls that were strutting around that place.

Sorry No Pics. I didn't want to be a crazy groupie and hound franky while he was trying to have a good time with his friends.

Believe me if you want...I dont really give a F#ck.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone