LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by English:
Crabtree. Nuff said

Alex Smith. Nuff said

This has got be a record number of posts from you over two days in Niner Talk.

-9fA
no
if 8 in box alex better be ready to throw he has the key to change the call to throw from run
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Gore with a line that can block could beat 11 in the box.

This ......seattle is one example.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
When you put 10 guys in the box like Raye likes to do of course we're going to see everybody in the box.

haha wait you mean the dust didn't get in there eyes. I can hear sing now. Jimmy Jimmy God D. Jimmy run it again jimmy. coach there's 8 guys in the box. I don't care if there's 100 guys in the box im going to keep telling you to call the same run play so we can do a end around off that on 3 down.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
Early on teams will test our running and see if Raye will try to throw the ball. After all, teams have been stacking us since Sing took over and it has proven a winning formula to beat us. Why change now? IF we do/can throw the ball we we win games and force defenses to play us more honestly. Keep your fingers crossed that Sing and Raye quit the "We will run the ball 60 percent of the time." quote they stated last summer.

the box was stacked well before sing became head coach
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM ]
  • irief
  • Veteran
We may have a lot of opportunities with dinks and dunks, but that's what Alex really struggles with...the dink and dunk passes.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I still feel iffy about Jimmy Raye's play-calling, but our success depends upon Alex's "inner-maverick" to peak and take control of the play-calling/decision-making (it's what everybody on our coaching staff wants to see).

Alex needs to go renegade like his old Johnny Utah days, and spread the offense out when it's time to unleash the dragon (but also be able to know when to play it safe when he gets some shady 'looks' from opposing defenses).

But the biggest resolution our offensive needs to absolve this season is that they are within a complete understanding of the system (then play-calling will be less vanilla, and the confidence levels will be in auto-pilot).

Same, I'm nervous about how Raye is going to be calling games.

Hopefully he sees that a more vertical/open offense suits Alex and the rest of the offense well in situations other than when we're down by 3 TDs.

-9fA
Shhhhhhhiiiiiii.... I hope those fools try throwin 8 in the box at Frank. By the end of the season Duke will have SHATTERED the TD and Yardage Record for a TE. 30TDs/2k Yards.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Shhhhhhhiiiiiii.... I hope those fools try throwin 8 in the box at Frank. By the end of the season Duke will have SHATTERED the TD and Yardage Record for a TE. 30TDs/2k Yards.

~Ceadder

Stacking 8 in the Box is a message from the D that they have nothing to fear from our passing attack, let's make them pay this season.

i hope they load the box early durring our tougher games so we can show them our shiny new passing offense with VD, Crabs, Morgan, Hill, Ginn and Gore. its gonna be pick your poison for defenses this year if this line shows it can block for Alex. i cant wait
Originally posted by English:
Crabtree. Nuff said

Exactly! Crabtree and a whole OS to train with the offensive coaches and Smith he will be a great WR! Add in Davis and this team has too many weapons to stack the box like that.
Hopefully 8 in the box when it's late in the fourth quarter up by 10 points.
i only hope the OL will be better so #11 can do his job
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I hope so!
Share 49ersWebzone