LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Another Season of Gore Facing 8 in the Box?

• Walsh
  • Veteran
Don't get me wrong. I liked our draft this year but only VD seems able to get up the field and burn the other team. I don't think Raye has much up his sleeve to throw off opponents.

So..more 8 in the box for us?
Crabtree. Nuff said
  • Mex49
We have got weapons son- and everybody knows the damn playbook finally.

Let them try it!
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
We'll find out after a game or two. It's really gonna depend on two people--Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye.
I prefer seeing it as 3 men outside the box.
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:

You're not all bad, R-L.
I hope teams do that this year Crabtree and VD will kill them. Easy throws for Alex!
Originally posted by NickSh49:

You're not all bad, R-L.

This post leads me to believe I'm not all good either
We finally have a good group of WR's with Crabtree and speed with Ginn and then add V Davis and finally a second year in the same offensive system , defenses should start to find it hard to play 8 in the box.

Gore with a line that can block could beat 11 in the box.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Crabtree. Nuff said

Alex Smith. Nuff said
When you put 10 guys in the box like Raye likes to do of course we're going to see everybody in the box.
I would say that if you put 8 in the box, that would be a huge mistake, Crabtree will be a scorcher, VD is VD just catching the ball and run over people, and then you have Morgan and Ginn, all fast WRs, you put 8 in the box on that, nice try. I know in Raye's history, he has not done all that much with the passing game because he really didn't have too much at WRs in those teams. But the drafting of Crabtree, trade for Ginn, and getting VD more involved last year is an indication of things to come. That is not a false front, but a realization of things to come.
Early on teams will test our running and see if Raye will try to throw the ball. After all, teams have been stacking us since Sing took over and it has proven a winning formula to beat us. Why change now? IF we do/can throw the ball we we win games and force defenses to play us more honestly. Keep your fingers crossed that Sing and Raye quit the "We will run the ball 60 percent of the time." quote they stated last summer.
Share 49ersWebzone