There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most Negative Beat Writer of 2010 Award

Most Negative Beat Writer of 2010 Award

I haven't been a classic defender of the Yorks and I've also been very critical of the team. I'm not looking for the press to "root" for the team or ownership, but over the last off-season, I think the locals (particularly from San Francisco) have been blasting the not just the Yorks but the entire team. We all have our criticisms. We all have things listed that we've felt they should have done better, but these guys give NO credit. NONE.

So this thread is dedicated to the 49er's greatest basher. Winner will be announced at the end of Training Camp.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/2010/06/49ers-fans-and-sado-masochism.html

[ Edited by NinerGM on Jun 14, 2010 at 09:04:50 ]
How about the bozo who wrote "Jed's New Structure Just Isn't Safe" on the homepage?
I'm just going to stop clicking Press Democrat links on the news feed until the authors names are added, so I can avoid clicking on Cohen's trash. That man is desperate for traffic.

[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Jun 14, 2010 at 09:12:18 ]
Well, the funny thing is that NONE of these folks listed in the poll is a beat writer...they're all columnists (well, Lynch is a blogger). The important thing to note is that they all write OPINIONS.

The 49er beat writers are Maiocco, Barrows, and now Barber. What they write in their papers is news. What they write on their blogs is a little different...news and opinion kind of mixed in.

Just want people to be aware of the differences.
This thread is ...

VS.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Quote:
I am from New York and grew up in an aggressive verbal culture of give and take you can't imagine. I live in a world of argument and even insult. Bring it on.

Cohn talks a lot of game, but he himself b***hes when he receives negative comments about his columns/blog posts.

Talk about a double standard.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
How about the bozo who wrote "Jed's New Structure Just Isn't Safe" on the homepage?
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Well, the funny thing is that NONE of these folks listed in the poll is a beat writer...they're all columnists (well, Lynch is a blogger). The important thing to note is that they all write OPINIONS.

The 49er beat writers are Maiocco, Barrows, and now Barber. What they write in their papers is news. What they write on their blogs is a little different...news and opinion kind of mixed in.

Just want people to be aware of the differences.

Right. None of the four listed is a beat writer. They are columnists. Cohn just wrote a diatribe about the difference. All three of the beat writers, (MM, MB and Barber) all do an excellent and balanced job in my opinion.

[ Edited by BHulman on Jun 14, 2010 at 09:53:53 ]
Its a toss up
Other. Ray Ratto
Originally posted by wadjay:
Who cares if they are beat writers or columnists. Lowell is not from here, he is an east coast doofus from New York. He used to write for the SF Chronicle at one time but now doesn't, if he was any good they would have kept him.

Seriouly the more attention you guys pay attention to him or Kawakami by writing in comments whether they are blogs or a letter to the editor, it shows that he is doing his job to the newspaper which is you are reading his $hit and responding and shows to the sponsors that he is attracting people. By ignoring the dimwit, and showing he has NO COMMENTS means he doesn't matter.

With such an ugly face is it any wonder he is angry and sour. Like I said he is in dire need of BJ than any white man in history, perhaps he should go to a massage parlor-haha.

Just don't read or comment guys.
I'm starting to wonder if people even know what a beat writer is.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Man, Lowell Cohn really went off the deep end. There's no way he stays on staff after his latest blogs. If he wants to be the "controversial columnist"...thats cool. Be that. But when people disagree, don't call them nutcases and whatever else he hurled out.