LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 311 users in the forums

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Santa Clara 49ers....yuck....
i woulda rather moved to LA

The name won't change... What part of that don't some of you people understand? It'll always be The San Francisco 49ers.

The 49ers will have to pay the city of SF to keep the name Gavin Newsome has stated over and over if they dont play in SF they will not be allowed to keep the name without compensation....... why dont you south bayers stick to your south bay bs politics and let the San Franciscans handle the rest......the south bay sucks and is a hell hole......the south bay is where elderly in sf go to die!!!

Politics ..Right, that's why SF voted NO for a new stadium years back.

The name won't change... What part of that don't some of you people understand? It'll always be The San Francisco 49ers.

The 49ers will have to pay the city of SF to keep the name Gavin Newsome has stated over and over if they dont play in SF they will not be allowed to keep the name without compensation....... why dont you south bayers stick to your south bay bs politics and let the San Franciscans handle the rest......the south bay sucks and is a hell hole......the south bay is where elderly in sf go to die!!!

Quote:
By approving Measure J, voters signed off on a plan by the team to build the 68,500-seat stadium in Santa Clara, about 45 miles south of San Francisco. Construction would begin in 2012, and the team would retain the name "San Francisco 49ers."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81890f4a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jun 9, 2010 at 11:01:49 ]

If they have to pay to keep the name, then they'll pay. No way in hell they change it to "Santa Clara 49ers". I'm not from the South Bay, i live in the North Bay but whatever keeps the niners in NorCal, im all for it. Better than moving to LA....
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Politics ..Right, that's why SF voted NO for a new stadium years back.

Actually they voted yes...the dorks just never followed through on the project.....
like i said leave SF alone you south bay cookie cutter yuppie f**ks have no idea how SF works.....Now you guys have the team in the south bay you can enjoy your white wine and brie cheese while you golf clap your next 49er touchdown......
are we still going to be called the San Francisco 49ers? or the Santa Clara 49ers?
Originally posted by Montana19:
are we still going to be called the San Francisco 49ers? or the Santa Clara 49ers?

We are gonna have to pay to keep the name

If they have to pay to keep the name, then they'll pay. No way in hell they change it to "Santa Clara 49ers". I'm not from the South Bay, i live in the North Bay but whatever keeps the niners in NorCal, im all for it. Better than moving to LA....

Who knows if the yorks are willing to pay after all the over runs on construction cost for the stadium
  • DJD
  • Veteran

what sorta rock you been living under?

By approving Measure J, voters signed off on a plan by the team to build the 68,500-seat stadium in Santa Clara, about 45 miles south of San Francisco. Construction would begin in 2012, and the team would retain the name "San Francisco 49ers."

link

[ Edited by DJD on Jun 9, 2010 at 11:10:19 ]

Actually they are going to be called the San Francisco 45ers cause they will be 45 miles south of SF.

[ Edited by NJNiner on Jun 9, 2010 at 11:11:52 ]

We are gonna have to pay to keep the name

k just curious , San Francisco/Santa Clara dont matter to me as long as its not LA..thank god!
No, yorkhater, they don't have to pay. The city holds no legal claim (no trademark) and there's other teams using city names without playing in that city. Just because newsome says so, doesn't mean he's right.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

lmao!!! kinda like my joke Whasts the definition of the Raiders? the retirment home for the 49ers.....

Who knows if the yorks are willing to pay after all the over runs on construction cost for the stadium

Oh yes, good point. They have burnt how many millions on the project, and then not to bother to build it.

Um!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I will say this the team is losing alot of culture by moving to SC
Share 49ersWebzone