There are 123 users in the forums

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Originally posted by DJD:
Originally posted by Montana19:
are we still going to be called the San Francisco 49ers? or the Santa Clara 49ers?

what sorta rock you been living under?

By approving Measure J, voters signed off on a plan by the team to build the 68,500-seat stadium in Santa Clara, about 45 miles south of San Francisco. Construction would begin in 2012, and the team would retain the name "San Francisco 49ers."

link

I seriously havent really been paying much attention to any of this stadium BS honestly i never thought we would get one and honestly i didnt really care if we did cuz i love candlestick! thx for the link.
  • Mex49
I want to punch Gavin Newsome in his hair so bad. This is how he will be remembered in SF for all eternity- the dueche that let our team get away. A-hole
Does anyone know if we will still be sharing this new stadium with the raiders?
Originally posted by Mex49:
I want to punch Gavin Newsome in his hair so bad. This is how he will be remembered in SF for all eternity- the dueche that let our team get away. A-hole

Agreed. F**k Gavin Newsome.
So wait we're moving to the east coast?

Originally posted by NJNiner:

I hope not. They can stay in that piece of s**t they already play in.
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Santa Clara 49ers....yuck....
i woulda rather moved to LA

GTFO

u aint my daddy, u better go talk to the yuppies about that

Just Trollin...Trollin...Trollin...Yeah!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

GTFO

u aint my daddy, u better go talk to the yuppies about that

Until they are officially called the SC 9ers then you can start your hating.

I can hate all i want....what u gonna do tell your buddies to ban me?......i hate you internet police that run the webzone...get a life

Great! Another proponent of "hate". I love it when anyone justifies "hate" in any way shape or form even in a website forum.

"Ooooooo, the "hate" police is going to get me. Ooooooo, I hate your "insert relevance here"."

So go ahead and share that wonderful, hateful voice of yours. I can't wait to hear all the copious amounts of intelligence spewing from your posts.

Originally posted by fan49:
I will say this the team is losing alot of culture by moving to SC

I've heard people say this, and I can't think of a good reason why that would be the case.
I will say this the team is losing alot of culture by moving to SC

I mean this as a legitimate and honest question...
Do you guys really care that much about "culture" at a 49ers football game?

[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Jun 9, 2010 at 11:29:29 ]

Its the 3d post I see from you with the same message. Get the f**k out with that already! Get over it! They will be the San Francisco 49ers!

You b***h if they dont have a stadium and you b***h now that York is getting them one. Write your congressman or something.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

the new website adresses some of the questions that keep popping up but here are a few, summarized in my words

the current plan is not to share the stadium but it is a facility that can easily accomodate a second team. The nfl currently reccomends 2 team facilities in light of the economic conditions and so forth. What i read from that, the niners are counting on some money from the nfl for the stadium and while the intention is not to share now, it may become necessary to make that concession to get the NFL's 'yet to be known how much' contribution. 2012 is a long ways off to begin building so they have left themselves plenty of time for other scenarios like the raiders moving with them to Santa Clara to play itself out. More then anything in my eyes, the niners getting money out of the NFL is contigent on the CBA incorporating some sort of stadium fund. We all know this CBA isn't likely getting resolved till 2011.

the niners are keeping the SF in there name, the answer didn't really specify if payment is to be made to the city for that name or not but the commitment is there to keep the name so for all we know, that one is resolved. I really wish this one wouldn't come up anymore, see it way too much in the threads and its been adressed over and over.

the niners are in fact allowed monday and thursday night games. this was brought up by someone in another thread who said Santa Clara was not allowing this. The faq states they anticipate enuf parking available to accomadate the traffic increase it would create for a weekday game with local businesses.

some have raised tailgating concerns, they don't give specifics but they do feel they can incorporate a tailgating environment to the new stadium, they just don't say how.

there are going to be psl's unfortunately. they don't say which seats or how many they are angling for to have this, but they will be there. they renamed it something else but it in effect is a personal seat liscense structure. they defend it by saying how its becomeing commonplace in the nfl and mlb market.

I think if i remember it right, they state they can cut the traffic jam out of candlestick by half atleast in the new stadium. I live out of state and made it for a few games each season last few years. For one of them last year, i had a car. That was an absolute nightmare, I could not believe it was happening while i sat there stuck for what seemed like hours.

anyway, stadium site has a better faq then i reworded here and has more clearly definded answers in their faq then what we had yesterday so i encourage all to go check it out. That music with the pics gave me chills too. first few pics at the beginning of all this looked horrible, i was sad for what we were getting into but the better the renditions become and the more they release, the more i like it. the suite levels look, well, sweet.
Now for me, I am a die hard and don't think I could ever not be a fan. But i think we should always be in SF. I want to go grab a seat from Candlestick and take it home. As in my eyes whether its a new stadium or not my memories will always be better in Candlestick

Now that we know? We don't know anything except measure J passed. That does not = a stadium actually getting built in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

The name won't change... What part of that don't some of you people understand? It'll always be The San Francisco 49ers.

The 49ers will have to pay the city of SF to keep the name Gavin Newsome has stated over and over if they dont play in SF they will not be allowed to keep the name without compensation....... why dont you south bayers stick to your south bay bs politics and let the San Franciscans handle the rest......the south bay sucks and is a hell hole......the south bay is where elderly in sf go to die!!!

They won't pay a dime to keep their name. The City has no trademark rights to the name "San Francisco".

Watch the network blimps still show scenes of the Golden Gate and all that.

People around the US will just think it is in a different suburb.
Share 49ersWebzone