There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
The GooglePlex.

/thread

Gotta go with this one...

Wow, I didn't catch that one the first time. "GooglePlex". That is pretty awesome.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The GooglePlex.

/thread

Wow, I didn't catch that one the first time. "GooglePlex". That is pretty awesome.

"The GooglePlex: Where Wins and Excitement are Nearly Infinite!"

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Niners99:
you forgot Netflix

f**k NETFLIX! Netflix is over rated! Seriously not all movies & cool movies are avail. on blu ray or WTF is it so damn hard to have new releases avail asap. Bulls**t. Plus not all movies are avail for instant streaming! So f**k them lol

cry more.

Netflix kicks ass!

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:23:42 ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Can the band " Butthole Sufers" name the stadium? Whatever it is, it will never sound as good as, "Candlestick Park". Wonder what seat & PSL costs are going to be?

yeah....because THATS what we want our stadium to be named. were moving OUT of SF. besides, Mayor Newsom's house is already called the Butthole Surfer palace.
-Adobe Field/Park/Stadium sounds kind of 'eh' at first ring. But maybe it would grow on me.

-Apple would probably require you to buy a pair of iShades to watch the game. That's because it will be encoded in a visual format invisible to the naked eye.

-AMD should worry more about trying to turn a profit than naming a stadium.

-Nothing against Intel but the name just doesn't pop.

-'Cisco Field at Santa Clara' doesn't sound bad. I'd be on board with that.

-If eBay gets the naming rights, expect the stadium to be called "Seller's Fees Park."
Losers.

-Google is the "hippest" company out of this bunch. It wouldn't surprise me to see them make a bid for naming rights, and I'm sure they'd get plenty of support. They'd probably throw in free Wi-Fi for the entire city too. "Google Park" sounds kind of silly but the same could be said for most of their services.

-HP seems like another good choice. 'Hewlett-Packard Field' is kind of catchy.

-NVIDIA. Not a bad company but I don't see what they could name the field that involves 'NVIDIA' and it not sound horrid.

-I thought the guy that owned Oracle was looking to buy the Seahawks? And "Oracle Field" sounds like somewhere you go to find the meaning of life.

-I'll pass on Yahoo. And trust & believe Google would never let that happen anyway.

-'Facebook Field/Park or whatever' sounds incredibly lame, and any team that plays in a stadium named after Facebook doesn't deserve to win anything, ever.

….you can tell I work in the tech field right?

[ Edited by baltien on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:18:22 ]
The GooglePlex.

/thread

The Googleplex isn't a bad name but their headquarters are already called that. I doubt they'd turn around and call a stadium that too.
Originally posted by baltien:
The GooglePlex.

/thread

The Googleplex isn't a bad name but their headquarters are already called that. I doubt they'd turn around and call a stadium that too.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
bang bus

LOL
Originally posted by baltien:
-Adobe Field/Park/Stadium sounds kind of 'eh' at first ring. But maybe it would grow on me.

-Apple would probably require you to buy a pair of iShades to watch the game. That's because it will be encoded in a visual format invisible to the naked eye.

-AMD should worry more about trying to turn a profit than naming a stadium.

-Nothing against Intel but the name just doesn't pop.

-'Cisco Field at Santa Clara' doesn't sound bad. I'd be on board with that.

-If eBay gets the naming rights, expect the stadium to be called "Seller's Fees Park."
Losers.

-Google is the "hippest" company out of this bunch. It wouldn't surprise me to see them make a bid for naming rights, and I'm sure they'd get plenty of support. They'd probably throw in free Wi-Fi for the entire city too. "Google Park" sounds kind of silly but the same could be said for most of their services.

-HP seems like another good choice. 'Hewlett-Packard Field' is kind of catchy.

-NVIDIA. Not a bad company but I don't see what they could name the field that involves 'NVIDIA' and it not sound horrid.

-I thought the guy that owned Oracle was looking to buy the Seahawks? And "Oracle Field" sounds like somewhere you go to find the meaning of life.

-I'll pass on Yahoo. And trust & believe Google would never let that happen anyway.

-'Facebook Field/Park or whatever' sounds incredibly lame, and any team that plays in a stadium named after Facebook doesn't deserve to win anything, ever.

….you can tell I work in the tech field right?

LARRY ELLISON (once the second richest billionaire in America) is the favorite to buy the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, who currently play in ORACLE ARENA in Oakland.

The Seattle Seachickens are owned by semi-retired, nearly-former billionaire PAUL ALLEN, co-founder of Microsoft and currently battling cancer.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Extenze Stadium "we do it big"

-9fA
i picked google but i totally forgot about apple. i'd rather have them own the rights to the name.
At&T would be good, but there would be no receptions.

Apple would never approve the current stadium design, would require one carved out of a giant chunk of aluminum.

BP could build the world's biggest asphalt parking lot, alleviating parking problems in the area forever.

Fox News would appeal to some fans, but running around the right end all the time would be too predictable.

Gay Pride stadium...insert your own ideas cuz I have already gone too far.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
A reporter mentioned the Googleplex, which is kind of cool IMO.

I also like the Apple iField.

You like the name "Apple iField" that's the worst name for a football field I've ever heard.
Playstation Stadium/ Playstation Field? SCEA Corp offices are in The bay area.
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Snickers.. where chompionships happen