There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Notable 49ers cut who was not previously reported: LB Matt Wilhelm.

Maiocco Twitter

Looks like Bowman will be 2nd string. With McKillop on IR he might see some action this year.

in on all ST for sure
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Notable 49ers cut who was not previously reported: LB Matt Wilhelm.

Maiocco Twitter

Looks like Bowman will be 2nd string. With McKillop on IR he might see some action this year.

in on all ST for sure

Right, I meant to say on Defense.
betterdayz,
you are a NB homer and you have not shared with this board one specific example of why and how he compares with PW? How come? I say he will never rise to PW's level. Period.

I see a 3rd rd rookie who's making 2-3 tackles/game vs. 2nd & 3rd team talent. And as others have pointed out in this thread - and others, he tends to guess or erase himself at the POA. But, I chalk that up to inexperience. He's also a slacker at times on ST's. KO's in particular.

I question NB's "upside", not his god given talent. I also wonder about his health (shoulder, knee & hip), and equally important, the off the field "stuff". But seriously, as of right now he's all we have behind Takeo & Pat. We're likely angling to pick up an experienced ILB to step in front of NB just in case.
Originally posted by jalapeno49:
betterdayz,
you are a NB homer and you have not shared with this board one specific example of why and how he compares with PW? How come? I say he will never rise to PW's level. Period.

holy crap don't go out on a limb there man. that is an insane prediction.
betterdayz,

I see a 3rd rd rookie who's making 2-3 tackles/game vs. 2nd & 3rd team talent. And as others have pointed out in this thread - and others, he tends to guess or erase himself at the POA. But, I chalk that up to inexperience. He's also a slacker at times on ST's. KO's in particular.

I question NB's "upside", not his god given talent. I also wonder about his health (shoulder, knee & hip), and equally important, the off the field "stuff". But seriously, as of right now he's all we have behind Takeo & Pat. We're likely angling to pick up an experienced ILB to step in front of NB just in case.

Tell us how you really feel
betterdayz,

This mean that you paid no attention to the game. Bowman has an eye for the ball and is always part of the tackle. v13 takles 1 sack sound like you oly saw 2-3
Something about bowman was good enough to make wilhelm expendable.
Navorro is soooo fast, he can play both his position AND Wilhelm's.
sf4eva,
Yes. NB had 13 tackles, which tied him with Balogun. 3 behind the team leader, fwiw.

The post I responded to sought to compare NB with PW. Laughable. NB has a long ways to go, and he did not make Wilhelm expendable. Wilhelm's contract and perhaps his health issues made him expendable. We'll grab a vet backup within days or we'll bring Wilhelm back after the 1st game (bonus issues) if he clears.

I don't see how this could surprise anyone - his comparison to Pat. Or, that he could step right in and play at a high level based on 3 pre-seasons games.

We're undefeated man! Bowman will either become a good NFL LB, or he won't. And that will require a lot of hard work and time - not words on a message board.
Willis-Bowman as the starting ILB's = Championship #7
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Wait... what happened to #6?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

we're gonna get it this season, before Bowman becomes a starter. Then, when he becomes a starter, we'll get #7.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

we're gonna get it this season, before Bowman becomes a starter. Then, when he becomes a starter, we'll get #7.

Ahh. I gotcha!
betterdayz,

Hey Jalapeno
Where did I ever state that Bowman is the next Patrick Willis or give any kind of statement like that?

I don't know what you're smoking. Bowman was a stud at Penn State and the only reason he dropped to the 3rd round was because off the field issues. Who better to help a player like that than Singletary

In my initial post I said I'm glad he's learning from Spikes and Willis. What experieced ILB do you think we're going to get? We just cut Wilhelm
Looks like the rookie will start on Sunday. Hope he doesn't make too many mistakes.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/bowman-expectin.html