There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jamie Winborn was fast too.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty damn fast at that position.
He sure did look fast. My concern is the injuries. If he can stay healthy...oooooh weeee...we may have ourselves one of the better MLB tandems in the game.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM ]
Yeah I wouldn't get my undies in a bunch that NB was a cowgirls fan like Willis. I think it just helps them play angrier on game day. If this guy can absorb the game at an NFL level and replace Spikes with no discernible drop off when that time comes, then NB was an excellent 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

But he also wasn't 240lbs like Bowman. If I remember correctly wasn't he a little on the light side for an LB?

Winborn was fast, but undisciplined, not a quick study and not overly instinctive. Bowman is fast, disciplined, instinctive and according to his DC, a very quick study.

Quote:

Rookies make mistakes. It takes them a while to make adjustments. They typically have a steep learning curve. In fact, 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said in his previous decade of coaching, he's only come across one rookie defender who picked up the nuances and details of the NFL game quickly. That was linebacker Antonio Pierce, who entered the league with the Redskins in 2001.

"Some individuals - you can tell them one time and, boom, they can correct themselves the very next play," Manusky said today. "And then they develop and keep on building off of that."

Now Manusky can add two more names to that list. "Taylor Mays and NaVorro Bowman are two individuals that we got that are on that route where you can tell them and they can fix their problems, which is great for a coach," Manusky said today. "We love those player."

That's a far cry from Winborn.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Anybody else excited about this kid? The poster was on the money this kid is fast. He was everywhere vs. Oakland. Great speed and looks to be a good tackler.

We have arguably the best LB corp if he develops under Willis and Spikes.

When peeps get their panties knots out....

They will realize bowman- Lawson- Willis - spikes is a historically fast group of linebackers.

They might not all end up NFL effective.......

But there is elite speed in that linebacker group.
I didn't see anything spectacular from Bowman against the raiders. Made a couple good plays. Also saw him get in some bad positions. He's definitely no #52. Not even close.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I didn't see anything spectacular from Bowman against the raiders. Made a couple good plays. Also saw him get in some bad positions. He's definitely no #52. Not even close.

Who is?

52 - pup=HOF
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Anybody else excited about this kid? The poster was on the money this kid is fast. He was everywhere vs. Oakland. Great speed and looks to be a good tackler.

They will realize bowman- Lawson- Willis - spikes is a historically fast group of linebackers.

We just might have the best LB core in the NFL today.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Willis + Scrubs = top 10 LB core in the league, so it's not much of a stretch to say that we have the best when one of our guys is the best. We'll see how much pressure and added workload our crap 2ndary puts on our LB core though - one unit can make the rest look like crap real quick!
Originally posted by JREED23:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Willis + Scrubs = top 10 LB core in the league, so it's not much of a stretch to say that we have the best when one of our guys is the best. We'll see how much pressure and added workload our crap 2ndary puts on our LB core though - one unit can make the rest look like crap real quick!

I don't think our secondary is crap. It's one or two FS positions that keep killing us. It was Roman last year for an important play and at times, Lewis took some hits deep.

You can tell the gameplan is to funnel everything to the Safties but Lewis better be able to keep up. Reggie Smith had one eff up and his ass really needs to work on moving down to cover the slot.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Winborn was fast, but undisciplined, not a quick study and not overly instinctive. Bowman is fast, disciplined, instinctive and according to his DC, a very quick study.

Quote:

Rookies make mistakes. It takes them a while to make adjustments. They typically have a steep learning curve. In fact, 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said in his previous decade of coaching, he's only come across one rookie defender who picked up the nuances and details of the NFL game quickly. That was linebacker Antonio Pierce, who entered the league with the Redskins in 2001.

"Some individuals - you can tell them one time and, boom, they can correct themselves the very next play," Manusky said today. "And then they develop and keep on building off of that."

Now Manusky can add two more names to that list. "Taylor Mays and NaVorro Bowman are two individuals that we got that are on that route where you can tell them and they can fix their problems, which is great for a coach," Manusky said today. "We love those player."

That's a far cry from Winborn.

I'm telling you guys I like what I see with this kid.
Notable 49ers cut who was not previously reported: LB Matt Wilhelm.

Maiocco Twitter

Looks like Bowman will be 2nd string. With McKillop on IR he might see some action this year.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

True... but he looked real good to me last night against the Chargers.