There are 236 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think what I am most pleased about here is that you have P.Willis back on the field after surgery / injury - and after signing his mega contract proving to his team mates (not that it was in doubt) that he is serious about practicing, improving and being competitive and you have Bowman as a rookie staying stride for stride with P.Willis in terms of that committment.

Its not a timed race its a endurance and committment test.

It reminds me of the storys of Jerry Rice running out every catch he made to the endzone setting an example to his team mates of the level of dedication and determination that was required to be great. P.Willis is setting the tone now on defence at least and in Bowman he may have found someone who follow his lead and maybe even push Willis onto new levels?

The future's bright (unless you are on offence against the Niners!)
Its about time Willis gets someone in there to push him to work harder....

...joking......
Dont read into this....This was Willis' first day back from rehab. Bowman SHOULD be smoking him. If anything, it should be alarming that Willis was neck-and-neck with Bowman because that means Bowman is slow
Originally posted by 49erRider:
And another thing.. I've seen the team do these "sprints" in person, as they end every practice and TC by doing so.. Nobody on the team actually sprints when they do it. It's more like a fast jog at best. So, like I said, Willis and Bowman were likely the only two who actually sprinted.

As for Bowman actually being as fast as Willis, I doubt it. Willis is still recovering from surgery.

Technically, when you practice sprints, you aren't supposed to go full speed and should get around 85% which explains them dusting the receivers.

On a positive note, gotta love the competitor in them.
I can't wait to see how our defense plays when the season starts. If Bowman shows a lot of promise thru TC and the Pre's then it'll be interesting to see if they start him and see how fast he really is by getting to a qb..
Bowman may well prove to be a steal as a 3rd rd pick...he comes from "LB-U", Penn St. The NFL is full of former Nittany Lion LB's...and Bowman should be a real player for us. He's not only fast, but strong, can go sideline-to-sideline if necessary, but is tough enough to play inside, as well. He should also be a real terror on ST's. All in all, I think he was a great pick...but with any rookie, only time will really tell.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Dont read into this....This was Willis' first day back from rehab. Bowman SHOULD be smoking him. If anything, it should be alarming that Willis was neck-and-neck with Bowman because that means Bowman is slow

[ Edited by thojess on Aug 31, 2010 at 12:52:07 ]
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah but keep in mind PWillis is still recovering from the bursa sac removal on his knee.

yeah pwilly is def faster the bowman when 100%
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Bowman may well prove to be a steal as a 3rd rd pick...he comes from "LB-U", Penn St. The NFL is full of former Nittany Lion LB's...and Bowman should be a real player for us. He's not only fast, but strong, can go sideline-to-sideline if necessary, but is tough enough to play inside, as well. He should also be a real terror on ST's. All in all, I think he was a great pick...but with any rookie, only time will really tell.

how many LB-U LBs were really that good?

Well, as the report says they beat the rest of the team, perhaps you might review your comment

Originally posted by English:

Well, as the report says they beat the rest of the team, perhaps you might review your comment

I dont recall the article saying that the rest of the team was racing, perhaps you might review your witty response

I dont recall the article saying that the rest of the team was racing, perhaps you might review your witty response

Well if you thought that was witty you certainly have very low standards.

Well if you thought that was witty you certainly have very low standards.

It seemed like you thought you were being witty. That's what I meant.

insert internet tough guy comment here
Anybody else excited about this kid? The poster was on the money this kid is fast. He was everywhere vs. Oakland. Great speed and looks to be a good tackler.

We have arguably the best LB corp if he develops under Willis and Spikes.
someone needs to tell EA Sports!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone