• RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Bowmanowski!!

Both picked in the 3rd round. 5+3 = 8

Romonowski: Drafted by niners in 88.

Bowman: Born in 88.
both also have 8 inch cocks

Each of their balls weigh 4 pounds each. 2 balls = 8 pounds.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
cool, thanks.

its funny how NFL front offices over-analyze this s**t sometimes.

Tarell Brown had similar "issues" at Texas which after the 49ers looked closer into they deemed to be more of wrong place-wrong time thing. As a result we picked up a consensus 2nd/3rd round talent in the 5th.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah but keep in mind PWillis is still recovering from the bursa sac removal on his knee.

Well, even so, they both beat everyone else on the team, including WR's, in the sprint.

You know.... i remember when i played footballl and soccer.. when we would do "sprints" we werent lining up doing a 40 yard dash we were more fast pass jogging trying to stay alive... Maybe those 2 had a little side bet and took off sprinting there 40 times... and it couldve maybe been the last sprint of practice so they decided for the last one lets sprint it while everyone else is fast jogging it.... btw redwaltz This is how little rumors spread.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I have a question and I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Why did Bowman fall to the third round? He was a bottom of the first round type of prospect! Was it because of his size, "lack of speed," or what?

good question, someone answer this now!!!

"character concerns"

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2010/2/26/1321934/2010-nfl-draft-profiles-navorro

There's also the matter of his off the field issues. Since all you get from the NFL draft gurus is that Bowman has "character issues", I'll go into some detail here. The 2007 altercation on campus could almost be explained away as boys being boys. It was a classic he-said-she-said-let's-throw-down-in-the-alley deal. If it were just that, there probably wouldn't be an issue here, but Bowman was part of a larger pack of players creating trouble that night, and of all the boneheads, he was perhaps the biggest beating another kid senseless. And this was just six months after the famous spring of 2007 apartment fight incident (of which Bowman was never specifically mentioned as being a part of) when you think the players would have learned their lesson. Bowman was suspended for the last two games of the 2007 season and did not travel with the team to the bowl game.

He was dragged into court and put on probation, but in the spring of 2009 he was brought back into court for not living up to the conditions of that probation. At that time he admitted to having smoked marijuana in violation of his probation, and the probation officer accused him of not doing any of his assigned community service. Bowman explained he was going through a tough time after the loss of his father and football coach, and relapsed into his old habits when he went home to Baltimore during winter break and hung out with his old friends. He claimed the probation office never contacted him or gave him any instructions, but he pointed out he had done a considerable amount of charity work in relation to the football team and asked the court to take it into consideration. The court was sympathetic to his case, and he was let off with a stern warning. Joe Paterno also had sympathy on Bowman and did not feel like the probation violation warranted any punishment from the football team standpoint

cool, thanks.

its funny how NFL front offices over-analyze this s**t sometimes.

Also look at the maturity that went on, and how much more handsome he looks with facial hair.

Originally posted by Amir:
Bowmanowski!!

Bowman will wind up being traded to Denver and somehow spit on Michael Crabtree
Originally posted by Amir:
Bowmanowski!!

That was before Romanowski took Steroids. Now each testicle weighs 4 grams.
don't forget to send singletary a christmas card for Navaro AND Willis........
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

Hahaha amen to that. Solid bookend LB's that as long as they stay healthy and don't get traded should be an amazing tandem for years to come. Thanks Sing!!

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

Hahaha amen to that. Solid bookend LB's that as long as they stay healthy and don't get traded should be an amazing tandem for years to come. Thanks Sing!!

Sing didnt even want the Niners to draft Willis. f**k Sing
i thought that as linebacker coach he had something to do with him being drafted no1. Im not trying to cuddle up to Sing but he did take to Willis like a son and having the best linebacker core in the NFL that was put in place and trained by the one of best linebackers ever is a little ointment for the coulda shouldas that will always haunt Sings tenure with the niners....
i remember his rookie season alot people wanted to throw him under the buss because he looked loss
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
i remember his rookie season alot people wanted to throw him under the buss because he looked loss

But now he doesn't look loss at all.

I wonder hacum?
"i thought that as linebacker coach he had something to do with him being drafted no1. Im not trying to cuddle up to Sing but he did take to Willis like a son and having the best linebacker core in the NFL that was put in place and trained by the one of best linebackers ever is a little ointment for the coulda shouldas that will always haunt Sings tenure with the niners...."

Dingle-berry didn't want to draft Willis and didn't see the talent in him. It was only until he learned about what Pat had to go through did he see him as a legitimate talent.

Dingle-berry also "forced" Baalke to draft Taylor Mays.

But Baalke redeemed himself by drafting Bowman. I will give Singletary some credit in the development of the linebackers. He put them through hell and crazy tough drills. Supposedly Willis had no form and proper technique before he came to the Niners of course now Patrick Willis and Bowman and you can say Brooks and Aldon Smith are probably right up there with the best linebacking core in the NFL.

Dingle-berry wanted a team like Harbaugh delivered last year........one of the toughest defenses in the NFL, solid running team and just all around mentally tough. Dingle-berry was in WAY OVER HIS HEAD and will probably never get a head coaching job again because he isn't an all around football coach. He doesn't know the x's and o's very well and ended up throwing everyone under the bus.

There's not much credit I can give to him only the fact that since we "IMPLODED" so badly we got Harbaugh and that I will be forever grateful to Samurai Mike Dingleberry.
Share 49ersWebzone