There are 164 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sideline to sideline isn't straight line speed. If they are doing drills I am familiar with then they need to tap the line before turning around

Agility and superior bursts of acceleration will allow someone to pull away

Explosiveness is a great attribute in football
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I thought Ginn was way faster?

the others weren't racing

Where did you hear that? MB report just said, "rest of the team." I assume everyone who wasn't injured was doing the sprints.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Sideline to sideline isn't straight line speed. If they are doing drills I am familiar with then they need to tap the line before turning around

Agility and superior bursts of acceleration will allow someone to pull away

Explosiveness is a great attribute in football

Good point.
Jamie Winborn was fast too.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jun 8, 2010 at 15:43:10 ]
So is Manny Lawson.
Hopefully they wont have to chase anyone down this year
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So is Manny Lawson.

If Bowman can be as productive as Lawson I would be stoked. Lawson is a very capable starting calibre OLB in this league.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jamie Winborn was fast too.

I met this fool back in 04 when i was 15. Cool dude though.
He was fast as a player in college. So I don't know why anybody would be surprised.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
RIP Navarro Bowman

R.I.P. Navarro Bowman

Better than how fast Bowman is that Willis seems good with his knee.
I think anyone that has played organized Football will tell you that at the end of practice those sprints are more about hustle and endurance...

The fastest guys always win the first few..then they either tire out or dont care as much and then the guys with something to prove win the last few
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by valrod33:
RIP Navarro Bowman

R.I.P. Navarro Bowman

He died?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah but keep in mind PWillis is still recovering from the bursa sac removal on his knee.

Well, even so, they both beat everyone else on the team, including WR's, in the sprint.

It's quite obvious the faster guys on the team weren't really sprinting. Ginn, VD, Taylor Mays, etc.. are all faster than Willis in a straight sprint, so Willis and Bowman were probably the only ones running at full speed.
And another thing.. I've seen the team do these "sprints" in person, as they end every practice and TC by doing so.. Nobody on the team actually sprints when they do it. It's more like a fast jog at best. So, like I said, Willis and Bowman were likely the only two who actually sprinted.

As for Bowman actually being as fast as Willis, I doubt it. Willis is still recovering from surgery.
Share 49ersWebzone