There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman

Matt Barrows today on his blog posted that at then end of practice when they do sprints and such, Bowman was challenging Willis in the race and he was neck and neck with Willis all the way across the finish line. They both left everyone else on the team in the dust he reported.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/06/the-11-85-conne.html),

"The 49ers don't want me reporting on the conditioning session - running from sideline to sideline several times -- that ends every practice. But they might tolerate this observation: Rookie Navorro Bowman challenging Patrick Willis to be the first inside linebacker across the finish line. In fact, the two pushed each other so hard that they were the first two players across when the session ended. Usually receivers and defensive backs are the first across the line."

Anyway, Bowman must be pretty fast to keep toe to toe with Willis.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jun 8, 2010 at 14:21:40 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Yeah but keep in mind PWillis is still recovering from the bursa sac removal on his knee.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah but keep in mind PWillis is still recovering from the bursa sac removal on his knee.

Well, even so, they both beat everyone else on the team, including WR's, in the sprint.
Isn't Willis still rehabilitating?

And very smart excuse to post something false.

I'm just pulling your leg.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Isn't Willis still rehabilitating?

And very smart excuse to post something false.

I'm just pulling your leg.

I just refreshed MB's blog, and he just reposted it. Strange.

"The 49ers don't want me reporting on the conditioning session - running from sideline to sideline several times -- that ends every practice. But they might tolerate this observation: Rookie Navorro Bowman challenging Patrick Willis to be the first inside linebacker across the finish line. In fact, the two pushed each other so hard that they were the first two players across when the session ended. Usually receivers and defensive backs are the first across the line."
Originally posted by boast:

OTOH, maybe some of our DBs are slower than we thought.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jun 8, 2010 at 14:23:23 ]
I thought Ginn was way faster?
I thought Ginn was way faster?

the others weren't racing
wow.

first of all, wow, thats pretty fast. second of all, im suprised VD isnt finishing first. hes actually faster than willis. but wow.. if bowmann works out, that would be two VERY fast inside LBs..
Do you think Bowman can supplant Spikes by the time we play our first playoff game.
RIP Navarro Bowman
Remember, MB's report leaves out the condition, mentally or physically, of the rest of the team. It could be that a lot of the guys were tired, dogging it, or just not trying their hardest... or it could mean that both Bowman and Willis are in incredible shape at this point in the off-season. Who knows? It's just a blurb from MB's observations without details.