There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I can't wait to get this guy back...

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
People like to blame Clements or Roman on that Roddy White TD but really that was just unbelievable timing between Ryan and White. You can't beat the perfect throw and perfect route, and that's exactly what we saw on that play vs. the blitz. Roman wasn't exactly supposed to help on that play either as we were blitzing.

Looks to me that touchdown is all Clements fault. One on one. throw to the outside he might not have stopped the catch itself. He did however choose to instead of looking for the ball just jump out at it while keeping his eyes on White. at most the way the play was designed it shoulda been an 8 yard catch and a first down. Clements just plain messed up.

exactly, its a bad play on clements part, doesnt make him a bad player just means he had a bad play, its tough with the expectations of his contract thats he is gonna make every play, he hasnt been as dominate as i thought he would be but he has played pretty well at a posittion of need, willing tackler and the defence has improved since he first got here, he doesnt have to be great just fit within the team concepts and with him and shawntae i think we have 2 corners to match up with the bigger more physical wr's in the league
When he went down last year our run defense also suffered. Even though we ended highly ranked against the run, we are that much better with him in there. The guy hits hard and can tackle.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
People like to blame Clements or Roman on that Roddy White TD but really that was just unbelievable timing between Ryan and White. You can't beat the perfect throw and perfect route, and that's exactly what we saw on that play vs. the blitz. Roman wasn't exactly supposed to help on that play either as we were blitzing.

Looks to me that touchdown is all Clements fault. One on one. throw to the outside he might not have stopped the catch itself. He did however choose to instead of looking for the ball just jump out at it while keeping his eyes on White. at most the way the play was designed it shoulda been an 8 yard catch and a first down. Clements just plain messed up.

Clements went for the breakup/pick 6 and it cost him. To be fair Roman should have given him some help. Roman look like he was dogging it and don't think Clements would have caught him but later on Roman just got in the way.

Edit: I know Roman had Jenkins on the crossing route but he should have had enough reaction time after seeing the ball not go to Jenkins to cry and cut off White because he had the angle.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 30, 2010 at 10:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
When he went down last year our run defense also suffered. Even though we ended highly ranked against the run, we are that much better with him in there. The guy hits hard and can tackle.

QFT....
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
When he went down last year our run defense also suffered. Even though we ended highly ranked against the run, we are that much better with him in there. The guy hits hard and can tackle.

QFT....

Yep. The hate on Clements is silly. He's not a top COVER corner, but he is a top-tier COMPLETE corner. The team is better when he plays. If he returns to past form, and if Spencer plays like last year, the CB position does not concern me.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
People like to blame Clements or Roman on that Roddy White TD but really that was just unbelievable timing between Ryan and White. You can't beat the perfect throw and perfect route, and that's exactly what we saw on that play vs. the blitz. Roman wasn't exactly supposed to help on that play either as we were blitzing.

Looks to me that touchdown is all Clements fault. One on one. throw to the outside he might not have stopped the catch itself. He did however choose to instead of looking for the ball just jump out at it while keeping his eyes on White. at most the way the play was designed it shoulda been an 8 yard catch and a first down. Clements just plain messed up.

Yep, That TD is all on Nate.. He has White one on one, with no help over the top. Roman has #12 (Jenkins??) on the crossing route. Nate went for the breakup, when he should have conceded the catch and gone for the tackle.

That said, Nate is not a great lockdown cover corner, never was, never will be. He is very good at supporting the run and I hope the shoulder injury doesn't change that.

That situation bares watching because if Nate get soft in run support, he will find himself being released.
  • TFSP
  • Member
  • Posts: 315
Just for the definition...

What's a shut down corner?

I believe its a CB that doesn't allow a sweep or toss or reverse to his side, while being able to protect his responsibility of any WR in his zone or man to man. If you rate Clements on that totally, how would you rate him from 1-10?

A 10 is rated perfect.

I rate his career play an 8 while not tripping on last year's play.
Can't wait to see Clements back
OHHHHH MR 50 YARD CUSHION! WASSUP SON
This video brought Clements back in my good graces!

What I like more than anything is his confidence and his attitude. Steve Smith, Ochocinco, and H. Ward would normally be cocky and popping off at the mouth but when they face Clements HE is the bully!

Smith tryed to start jawing yet he never walked towards Nate, Smith would normally be in the CB's face. Nate got mad cause T.O made him looked bad so what was his answer? He almost killed Witten, LMAO!

He hates losing so I bet he will be looking more like Ronnie Lott mixed with some prime time this coming year.

Can't believe people say he's not fast enough, he is plenty fast enough to match up one on one and lock 'em down!
Originally posted by jrg:
so everybody can quit their hating..




Clements

I got that hit on Julius Jones for my current background. hahaha
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Ether:

Ya the man has had two horrendous games since he got here, other than that he's been pretty darn good. I mean he covers Fitz better than anyone on the planet for goodness sake.

To be fair, Spencer is actually the guy who covers Fitzgerald most of the time.

they played together at Pitt...its like playing 4 braggin' rights!
cant wait to see what he looks like this year. it's almost like a contract year for him. he'll come into camp in top form and ready to light it up this season.
YEA FOR REAL, CLEMENTS IS A BEAST!!!!!!!! I SWEAR THE WEBZONE IS THE ONLY PLACE I KNO THAT WOULDNT WANT HIM, JUST LIKE GOLDSON, JUST LIKE JASON HILL....TIRED OF THE IGNORANCE, THERE'S A REASON ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BLOG ALL DAY ABOUT HOW BAD THESE PLAYERS ALL ARE, OR HOW U JUDGE THEM SO QUICKLY.... CUZ THATS ALL IT IS AN OPINION, AND THEY ARE UNEDUCATED ONES AT THAT... I CANT WAIT FOR THESE DUDES TO SHUT YALL THE "F" UP
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
YEA FOR REAL, CLEMENTS IS A BEAST!!!!!!!! I SWEAR THE WEBZONE IS THE ONLY PLACE I KNO THAT WOULDNT WANT HIM, JUST LIKE GOLDSON, JUST LIKE JASON HILL....TIRED OF THE IGNORANCE, THERE'S A REASON ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BLOG ALL DAY ABOUT HOW BAD THESE PLAYERS ALL ARE, OR HOW U JUDGE THEM SO QUICKLY.... CUZ THATS ALL IT IS AN OPINION, AND THEY ARE UNEDUCATED ONES AT THAT... I CANT WAIT FOR THESE DUDES TO SHUT YALL THE "F" UP

So why ramble on?