There are 158 users in the forums

More on Solari making a HUGE difference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is what p**sses me off. Alex was told to go out this year and show us what he could do. Then they put this mess in front of him, all while having Raye be a disaster in getting plays in and with predictable playcalling. You couldn't do a better job of trying to make your QB look bad.
There's a common theme here.... SINGLETARY! He is holding this team back.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry, but I'm going to defend the line here. I know very rare.

The stupidity was the coaching staff thinking it could start two rooks on an yet established OL that already had a struggling player in Rachal and a average/good player at LT in Staley.

I thought the 49ers were going to be smart and I applauded the re-signing of Sims who in my opinion played better than Staley at LT last season. I thought the team would at least consider him in the competition at EITHER tackle position and let Rachal and Snyder battle it out.

Logical? Yeah, I thought so too, but strategic player personnel decisions isn't Singletary's strong suit and he wanted to go with the "tougher" looking players I guess and of course his pet (failing) project Rachal.

The OL has suffered because of this and consequently the win-loss record. Did the 49ers actually think that simply drafting more talent would immediately improve the OL with no lead time in getting these guys up to speed? And further exacerbate that situation with TWO rookies one of which is a JR?

How many more chances does Rachal get to suck before you do something about it? I know Sing says he looks at the film but clearly when it comes to Rachal there's favoritism.

To add insult to injury, the team doesn't even DRESS Sims for most games so if Davis has a bad day, who comes in for him? Snyder? Seriously? Isn't he the reason why we drafted Davis in the first place?

In this case poor line play has been clearly due to DUMB personnel decisions. Under any other experienced, savvy NFL coach, when you sign the BACK-UP to a multi-million dollar deal you AT LEAST dress him.

Just like with other coaches (Jimmy Raye) that have come to 49ers; despite the line we're fed that "I listen to all my coaches" it's clear the HC has an obvious agenda regardless of what's logical or even successful (check-out that play-calling). And deservedly, if the 49ers continue to falter, Singletary should be absolutely held accountable.

End of Line

Nailed it. That being said this line has a great future.

The stupidity was the coaching staff thinking it could start two rooks on an yet established OL that already had a struggling player in Rachal and a average/good player at LT in Staley.

I thought the 49ers were going to be smart and I applauded the re-signing of Sims who in my opinion played better than Staley at LT last season. I thought the team would at least consider him in the competition at EITHER tackle position and let Rachal and Snyder battle it out.

Logical? Yeah, I thought so too, but strategic player personnel decisions isn't Singletary's strong suit and he wanted to go with the "tougher" looking players I guess and of course his pet (failing) project Rachal.

The OL has suffered because of this and consequently the win-loss record. Did the 49ers actually think that simply drafting more talent would immediately improve the OL with no lead time in getting these guys up to speed? And further exacerbate that situation with TWO rookies one of which is a JR?

How many more chances does Rachal get to suck before you do something about it? I know Sing says he looks at the film but clearly when it comes to Rachal there's favoritism.

To add insult to injury, the team doesn't even DRESS Sims for most games so if Davis has a bad day, who comes in for him? Snyder? Seriously? Isn't he the reason why we drafted Davis in the first place?

In this case poor line play has been clearly due to DUMB personnel decisions. Under any other experienced, savvy NFL coach, when you sign the BACK-UP to a multi-million dollar deal you AT LEAST dress him.

Just like with other coaches (Jimmy Raye) that have come to 49ers; despite the line we're fed that "I listen to all my coaches" it's clear the HC has an obvious agenda regardless of what's logical or even successful (check-out that play-calling). And deservedly, if the 49ers continue to falter, Singletary should be absolutely held accountable.

End of Line

Sims and Boone haven't been active for a game yet this season. I would rather see Sims at LT than Staley's underachieving ass. As for RT I have wondered why Boone has never been given a shot.
Originally posted by backontop:

End of Line

Sims and Boone haven't been active for a game yet this season. I would rather see Sims at LT than Staley's underachieving ass. As for RT I have wondered why Boone has never been given a shot.

Boone didn't look that great during the preseason so i dont think hes ready for regular season pt.
I'm I the only that noticed how money Sims was last year at LT?

We seriously have a problem with sticking with players just cuz of where they are drafted on offense

SEE-Chilo Rachal, Alex Smith, Joe Staley, David Baas
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I'm I the only that noticed how money Sims was last year at LT?

We seriously have a problem with sticking with players just cuz of where they are drafted on offense

SEE-Chilo Rachal, Alex Smith, Joe Staley, David Baas

huh?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I have not seen this "huge difference" from Solari. I hope he is not "all reputation and no results" like our WR coach Jerry Sullivan. I've read before that we run one of the most complicated Oline schemes in the NFL (it was also cited as a reason why Westbrook, who is new to our complex blocking schemes, hasn't seen the field much) The question is, WHY would you do that when a) your line is full of rookies and replacements and b) this complicated scheme is not producing better results to justify it! Simplify the schemes and give Anthony Davis some help. Also, get creative and stop running Gore straight up the gut..... and when the defense stacks the box on a planned run play, audible for a screen or something to make them pay.
Good QBs make their OLs look better.

see what I did there?
Originally posted by backontop:

End of Line

Singletary didn't think Willis was worthy of his draft spot and needed convincing, you think he knows anything about evaluating players

Originally posted by PTulini:
There's a common theme here.... SINGLETARY! He is holding this team back.

DING DING DING
FIRE THIS IDIOT!

RIGHT NOW!
I don't think there has ever been an OLine this bad in the history of the NFL. I bet Carr is thinking "hahahaha screw it, I'm glad you started Troy over me. Let him run for his life while I just sit here and collect a paycheck."
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
FIRE THIS IDIOT!

RIGHT NOW!
Share 49ersWebzone