LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

More on Solari making a HUGE difference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DangerRyan:
Don't wanna burst the bubble or anything but this was exactly how all of us Seahawk fans felt when we got Solari a few years ago. We have now suffered through some of the worst years we have seen offensive line wise and Solari was the guy coaching them...

Yeah we had a lot of injuries as well but the line play was nothing to write home about at all...

Well I cant say that i've broken down game film of the Seachickens O line, but I can tell you when Chris Foerester left it was addition by subtraction. With 3 first rounders, a high second and a consistent center in Heitman, I'm willing to bet we improve over last year. And if our line is even some what better than the one that helped Gore become the second RB in NFL history to run for 2 80 yard TDs in a single game, I think we'll do just fine. But thanks for your concern.
Okay analysis...but I was coming as a friendly opposing fan you and you gotta throw out the Seachickens thing....sad....

And I'm not saying your oline won't improve...I'm saying that there were high hopes for Solari coming into the same type of situation in Seattle and he didn't get it done...but you can turn a blind eye to that all you want...

As for the two 80 yard runs thats great...but I'm pretty sure the Seahawks won the last meeting between the two teams after that week 2 game....just sayin'....

I have friends that are from Seattle and they refer to their own team as the Seachickens at times. I didn't know it was offensive. With that said, whats a little banter between fans? I'm sure I speak for most on the zone when I say we're glad you stopped by. I would love to hear your outside perspective on our team as well as your own team. I assume you at least have an opinion since you are obviously a hardcore fan or you would't be jumping to other team sites.

Just to build off what Oakland-Niner said DangerRyan...

We have a Seachicken's (couldn't resist, weak) fan named Hawksfan who routinely comes by during the season for some light banter and some great conversation. Once we established that his queries and comments were legit, we welcomed his input and looked forward to it.

So....As Oakland-Niner asked, we would like to hear your point-of-view of our team...

its so slow man waiting for TC and pre-season.

The bottom-line, DangerRyan, is that Oakland-Niner as well as all of us would playfully jab ANY opponent's fan to begin with...that's just being a fan.

No disrespect intended, I'm sure.

Welcome!

Originally posted by ninertico:
Don't wanna burst the bubble or anything but this was exactly how all of us Seahawk fans felt when we got Solari a few years ago. We have now suffered through some of the worst years we have seen offensive line wise and Solari was the guy coaching them...

Yeah we had a lot of injuries as well but the line play was nothing to write home about at all...

Well I cant say that i've broken down game film of the Seachickens O line, but I can tell you when Chris Foerester left it was addition by subtraction. With 3 first rounders, a high second and a consistent center in Heitman, I'm willing to bet we improve over last year. And if our line is even some what better than the one that helped Gore become the second RB in NFL history to run for 2 80 yard TDs in a single game, I think we'll do just fine. But thanks for your concern.
Okay analysis...but I was coming as a friendly opposing fan you and you gotta throw out the Seachickens thing....sad....

And I'm not saying your oline won't improve...I'm saying that there were high hopes for Solari coming into the same type of situation in Seattle and he didn't get it done...but you can turn a blind eye to that all you want...

As for the two 80 yard runs thats great...but I'm pretty sure the Seahawks won the last meeting between the two teams after that week 2 game....just sayin'....

I have friends that are from Seattle and they refer to their own team as the Seachickens at times. I didn't know it was offensive. With that said, whats a little banter between fans? I'm sure I speak for most on the zone when I say we're glad you stopped by. I would love to hear your outside perspective on our team as well as your own team. I assume you at least have an opinion since you are obviously a hardcore fan or you would't be jumping to other team sites.

Just to build off what Oakland-Niner said DangerRyan...

We have a Seachicken's (couldn't resist, weak) fan named Hawksfan who routinely comes by during the season for some light banter and some great conversation. Once we established that his queries and comments were legit, we welcomed his input and looked forward to it.

So....As Oakland-Niner asked, we would like to hear your point-of-view of our team...

its so slow man waiting for TC and pre-season.

The bottom-line, DangerRyan, is that Oakland-Niner as well as all of us would playfully jab ANY opponent's fan to begin with...that's just being a fan.

No disrespect intended, I'm sure.

Welcome!

Nicely put Ninertico.....
If we can believe the writers, Solari evaluated and ranked all of the linemen. Good step in my opinion. I think Forester leaving is addition by subtraction. I think new blood - Solari, and Brown player support, will help the line. New blood - Iupati, and Davis will inject a talent level into our line. At TC we will see how it all shakes out and then in preseason we will see it in action. By the middle of the season we will know for sure what we have and if progress is being made.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Wouldn't it be fair to say that drafting Davis and Iupati indicated that Solari felt his coaching would not be enough to convert Snyder and Baas/Rachal into quality linemen?

No. The drafting of Davis and Iupati shows that if nothing else Sing and Baalke realized that they couldn't continue to throw Smith to the wolves on every down.

It's also put up or shut up time for Heitmann. Because all eyes will be on him since the team drafted to fill the two "problem spots" on the Line. I guarantee that if we still have problems on the Line, EH will be replaced. Without a doubt.

~Ceadder
Sorry DangerRyan, but Seagulls suck my used Jockeys.

Your team was thrust into our Division and most of your fans act like your team invented the game. That's fine since most people feel that way about their team. Including some 9er fans.

The problem is, your team is the enemy in these parts. I make no apologies for hating the enemy. I'll still talk Football with you but you cannot expect to get the same treatment that you would get from your own kind. It's just not done unless we're amenable to that.

I am only because I love the game and because I realize that it is a game. Some people however don't forget even the smallest slight.

That's just my two cents on this. I used to like them, but then they got stuffed into our Division. Now I look forward to stuffed Shebird twice a season.

Oh and your Line problems were there BEFORE Solari was. So you cannot blame it on Solari. That's what happens when you lose a cornerstone player in Free Agency. You have to replace him. Seattle has been trying to do so for some time. Now you lost another one to Retirement. Hasselback should retire before he gets killed.

~Ceadder
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
Hey no offense taken guys....the Seachicken thing is just something that a lot of Hawk fans really can't stand me being one of them. I didn't know of it was coming from a playful sense or not so I got a little offensive.

My apologizes
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Oh and your Line problems were there BEFORE Solari was. So you cannot blame it on Solari. That's what happens when you lose a cornerstone player in Free Agency. You have to replace him. Seattle has been trying to do so for some time. Now you lost another one to Retirement. Hasselback should retire before he gets killed.

]

And your line problems weren't....?

And just to reiterate, I'm not trying to troll here...just seeing the opposing teams prospects during the slow part of the offseason..
[ Edited by DangerRyan on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:40 AM ]
Hey no offense taken guys....the Seachicken thing is just something that a lot of Hawk fans really can't stand me being one of them. I didn't know of it was coming from a playful sense or not so I got a little offensive.

My apologizes

It's all in good fun, dude. When fans of other teams come in here and speak intelligently and talk mess with good humor, we welcome them! So...welcome!
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

My apologizes

It's all in good fun, dude. When fans of other teams come in here and speak intelligently and talk mess with good humor, we welcome them! So...welcome!

Right on thanks man!
Originally posted by WINiner:

The Chickens don't have nearly the talent on the oline the time that Solari was there compared to what the Niners have. Solari was asked to ressurect a line that just didn't have the talent to compete in Sea, at least imo.

Okung is a nice step in the right direction, but Seattle should have pulled a Niners move and done more to soldify that unit imo.

Didn't they pick up Faneca?

Cards got him.

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by WINiner:

The Chickens don't have nearly the talent on the oline the time that Solari was there compared to what the Niners have. Solari was asked to ressurect a line that just didn't have the talent to compete in Sea, at least imo.

Okung is a nice step in the right direction, but Seattle should have pulled a Niners move and done more to soldify that unit imo.

Didn't they pick up Faneca?

Cards got him.

I knew it was some kind of bird....
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Not sure if this was posted already, but I think its worthy.

Solari, who is being assisted by former 49ers O-lineman Ray Brown, didn’t simply stamp his scheme onto the line. Before taking to the field, he watched every Niners game from 2009 to get a feel for his new players. That included preseason games, because he wanted to see young players like Cody Wallace and Alex Boone.

Solari evaluated, ranked and compared all his linemen. Then he analyzed existing free-agent offensive linemen and ranked them, too. Then he looked at eligible college players and did the same thing. His input no doubt helped sell Singletary and personnel chief Trent Baalke on Davis and Iupati, the 49ers’ biggest new toys.

But Solari wasn’t done with his breakdown. He met with the 49ers’ veteran offensive linemen to get a further idea of their strengths and weaknesses

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100531/sports/100539959?p=2&tc=pg

Sure sounded good to me.

This was already posted in the Mike Solari and Ray Brown thread. Right Here... (Scroll Down)

For the record, I did do a search. This thread makes more sense anyway.

Oh, I'm not mad at you dude.

All good. I didn't think you where.
Wouldn't it be fair to say that drafting Davis and Iupati indicated that Solari felt his coaching would not be enough to convert Snyder and Baas/Rachal into quality linemen?

No. The drafting of Davis and Iupati shows that if nothing else Sing and Baalke realized that they couldn't continue to throw Smith to the wolves on every down.

It's also put up or shut up time for Heitmann. Because all eyes will be on him since the team drafted to fill the two "problem spots" on the Line. I guarantee that if we still have problems on the Line, EH will be replaced. Without a doubt.

~Ceadder

You live on your own little planet on Heitmann. So interesting for you to continue to target Heitmann, and Heitmann alone, as a person who needs to "put up or shut up" on the OL. As painful as it is for you, Heitmann is regarded as our best linemen. That must kill you. I mean, how painful is it for you every time someone writes something complimentary on his play?

Not one little peep about Staley or Rachal??????? Shocker! The same Rachal who was criticized by coaches and the media, and benched last year for a portion of one game. Chilo's not the person who needs to "put up or shut up"? Nor our franchise LT, Staley, who was out for a generous portion of 2009? It is only Heitmann who needs to "put up or shut up". This is just a flat out stupid statement. Shall we revisit your humiliation in the Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player thread? I can bump it for all to witness.

Heitmann is not going anywhere, much to your sadness, so you might as well get over it. It is embarrassing for you to hold onto this ridiculous bias.

As for the original post on Solari, the track record looks good, but I'm withholding judgment until I see the product on the field.

Every time this bias sneaks up its' ugly head, I'm going to continue to follow it with more posts and links from the media and coaches on how Heitmann is the least of our problems.

Cheers.

P.S. I love this quote: "Because all eyes will be on him since the team drafted to fill the two "problem spots" on the Line. I guarantee that if we still have problems on the Line, EH will be replaced. Without a doubt."

Can we infer from your quotes on "problem spots" that you believe that the RT and LG positions were NOT two problem spots? I'm going to go out on a limb and make a wild prediction that in your mind, the greatest problem spot this offseason was at center.

And, now, the crowd gets a chance to hear the hilarious response (which will undoubtably have the words Rocky....and...Bernard attached to it, as well as the wickedly deceived media, who is so entranced by Heitmann's play that they cannot think straight.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

~Ceadder

You live on your own little planet on Heitmann. So interesting for you to continue to target Heitmann, and Heitmann alone, as a person who needs to "put up or shut up" on the OL. As painful as it is for you, Heitmann is regarded as our best linemen. That must kill you. I mean, how painful is it for you every time someone writes something complimentary on his play?

Not one little peep about Staley or Rachal??????? Shocker! The same Rachal who was criticized by coaches and the media, and benched last year for a portion of one game. Chilo's not the person who needs to "put up or shut up"? Nor our franchise LT, Staley, who was out for a generous portion of 2009? It is only Heitmann who needs to "put up or shut up". This is just a flat out stupid statement. Shall we revisit your humiliation in the Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player thread? I can bump it for all to witness.

Heitmann is not going anywhere, much to your sadness, so you might as well get over it. It is embarrassing for you to hold onto this ridiculous bias.

As for the original post on Solari, the track record looks good, but I'm withholding judgment until I see the product on the field.

Every time this bias sneaks up its' ugly head, I'm going to continue to follow it with more posts and links from the media and coaches on how Heitmann is the least of our problems.

Cheers.

P.S. I love this quote: "Because all eyes will be on him since the team drafted to fill the two "problem spots" on the Line. I guarantee that if we still have problems on the Line, EH will be replaced. Without a doubt."

Can we infer from your quotes on "problem spots" that you believe that the RT and LG positions were NOT two problem spots? I'm going to go out on a limb and make a wild prediction that in your mind, the greatest problem spot this offseason was at center.

And, now, the crowd gets a chance to hear the hilarious response (which will undoubtably have the words Rocky....and...Bernard attached to it, as well as the wickedly deceived media, who is so entranced by Heitmann's play that they cannot think straight.

What if we still can't get any push on short yardage? Sooner or later, it could point to our Center.
Share 49ersWebzone