LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 101 users in the forums

Now that we locked up Willis, whos next?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
IMO we have to lock up VD and Goldson right now. I know both of them have really only showed what they can do for one season, but they were both vital to the success we had last year. Both of their contracts expire after this season. They are both young and should be Niners for the long haul.
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maiocco just tweeted that extending VD is more difficult because he only has this season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
He might wait till the last minute to sign. Probably depending on the outcome of this season.
Originally posted by Esco:
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maiocco just tweeted that extending VD is more difficult because he only has this season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

I still think he's our next priority and I think we'll get it done.
Key Niners signed through 2010:
TE Vernon Davis
S Dashon Goldson

WR Jason Hill
LB Manny Lawson
QB Alex Smith
His can wait until the end of the year cuz it depends on how he plays

These guys can wait

Signed through 2011
RB Frank Gore
C Eric Heitmann
WR Josh Morgan
K Joe Nedney
G Chilo Rachal

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/niners-nail-dow.html#ixzz0mzJgiOgs
VD fasho
Dashon Goldson should be done sooner than later. VDs deal will probably have to wait til mid way through the season. He's going to cost a lot. Hopefully, ticket sales from a promising season will loosen Yorks wallet.
Out of everyone, I think Singletary will have the biggest impact on Vernon wanting to come back. Sing saved the guys career so I'm pretty confident that he'll resign eventually. I'm more worried about losing Smith (if he has a breakout season) or Goldson.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Esco:
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can actually see VD leaving, Im not sure the niners can afford to pay him what he wants.
Have you all forgotten who our Fullback of the Future is? Sign him!
I'm just excited that we have some players that are worth re-signing finally
VD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all know Krizay is gonna be pissed but it's gotta be VD.
Share 49ersWebzone