LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Willis signs 5 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Making this move tells me the 49ers feel really good about their chances of getting the new stadium in Santa Clara. Vernon Davis is obviously next on the list for an extension but we don't have to rush it and could just franchise him. That being said, we need to (and I think will) re-sign VD and also Dashon Goldson. Manny Lawson...? Alex Smith will also be an UFA but I think he re-signs after a very solid season and a playoff appearance.

I feel very good about the Niners future
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I like this for several reasons. More importantly -- it sends a message to other players in the NFL.

There was a time -- 15 years ago -- when everyone wanted to play for the Niners. We were a class organization. Eddie paid well. Lots of fringe benefits. Players were paid well. They were treated well.

hookers??

Probably

Montana probably never had to pay for his own blow, too.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
mattbarrows: Willis' deal calls for $29 million in guaranteed money and makes him the highest-paid inside linebacker in league history ...

And he will be the greatest linebacker in league history too
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Signing Willis to an extension is big in a lot of ways because now we can use the franchise tag on Vernon Davis or extend Davis and use it on Dashon Goldson or vice versa. Very good news today and a very deserving extension for the best linebacker in the NFL.

No, not Vernon. If we REALLY want the Niners to be a SB caliber team, then let's hope we are forced into deciding whether or not to Franchise Tag Alex Smith.
yezzir! time to finally get his jersey
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

this was my exact thought
Originally posted by valrod33:

Unless he changes his number.
Originally posted by Joecool:

• Riot
  • Veteran
This freaking picture:

What a badass. And he's OUR badass.

LMFAO
Awsome, and well deserved!!!

Kudos to the front office for getting a deal done. Now lets get Vernon Davis wrapped up too!!!

Go Niners!
Quote:
ddockett: Congrats to @PatrickWillis52 u def deserve it. But fyi ill see u on monday Night football and it won't be good to be a 49er then!

[ Edited by PTulini on May 4, 2010 at 12:19:17 ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Signing Willis to an extension is big in a lot of ways because now we can use the franchise tag on Vernon Davis or extend Davis and use it on Dashon Goldson or vice versa. Very good news today and a very deserving extension for the best linebacker in the NFL.

No, not Vernon. If we REALLY want the Niners to be a SB caliber team, then let's hope we are forced into deciding whether or not to Franchise Tag Alex Smith.

That would be something. I think Alex is very loyal to the 49ers and he has shown it and he has made a ton of money already, so if he has a good season and the 49ers have a successful season, I just can't see Alex leaving.
Awesome News

Willis Rulez
Share 49ersWebzone