There are 270 users in the forums

Willis signs 5 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Like there was ever any doubt this was going to happen, the team got a great deal for one of the top players in the game.

yeah, there was no doubt. but its better to have it done than to be waiting for it to be done.

it also looks like it was a fair deal all the way around, which is awesome.
This offseason keeps getting better and better!

Translate to the regular season, PLEASE GOD!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
f**k YEAH!! How much money?
Well deserved.

So happy we were able to get this done.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I like this for several reasons. More importantly -- it sends a message to other players in the NFL.

There was a time -- 15 years ago -- when everyone wanted to play for the Niners. We were a class organization. Eddie paid well. Lots of fringe benefits. Players were paid well. They were treated well.

hookers??
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Wait...it doesn't say that on the link.

hi
I knew I invested in the right jersey!
And to just think that there were quite a few fans so upset about why we werent bringing in any top Free Agents.

THIS IS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

We keep our own in house, and now let anyone go!!!!!

Im Super Stoked!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I like this for several reasons. More importantly -- it sends a message to other players in the NFL.

There was a time -- 15 years ago -- when everyone wanted to play for the Niners. We were a class organization. Eddie paid well. Lots of fringe benefits. Players were paid well. They were treated well.

hookers??

Probably
Quote:
mattbarrows: Willis' deal calls for $29 million in guaranteed money and makes him the highest-paid inside linebacker in league history ...
Signing Willis to an extension is big in a lot of ways because now we can use the franchise tag on Vernon Davis or extend Davis and use it on Dashon Goldson or vice versa. Very good news today and a very deserving extension for the best linebacker in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone