LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Willis signs 5 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
So Maiocco and Barrows tweeted this. WHere was Barber during all of this?

He's too busy browsing raiders forums.

Barber = FAIL
Good Stuff
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Barber = FAIL

f**k Barber

Barber = FAIL
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by lamontb:
In only three NFL seasons, Patrick Willis has established himself as one of the best linebackers in the NFL. And now he's going to be paid accordingly.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Willis has agreed to terms on a five-year, $50 million extension. (It's probably not a coincidence that Glazer and Randy Couture helped get Willis ready for the 2009 season with MMA training.)

His rookie deal runs through 2011. The new deal puts him under contract through 2016.

It's not yet clear how the 49ers navigated the 30-percent rule, which applies to all renegotiations signed in the uncapped year. Per NFLPA records, Willis was due to earn a base salary of $760,000 in 2010, and $2.75 million next year.

We'll break it all down once we get our hands on the contract.

Hey does anybody have any knowledge of what I bolded about the 30% rule b/c of no salary cap?

30-percent rule restrictions

The 30-percent rule, found in Article XXIV, Section 8 (b) of the CBA, states that renegotiations/extensions entered into in the 2010 league year may not increase per year from 2009 to 2010 or beyond more than 30 percent of the 2009 salary. For example, if the 2009 salary is $2M, the maximum available in 2010 is $2.6M, in 2011 it’s $3.2M, etc.

thanks
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Adam_Schefter: And next up on a big payday for the 49ers - TE Vernon Davis. And btw, what would HOF S Ronnie Lott in his prime command today? Sheesh.

somewhere brad smith is happy willis is staying in the nfc
  • flow
  • Veteran

finally we wont have people b***hing about york being cheap. he never was and this proves it
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Vernon the next for a big contract? I'd rather let Vernon play this season before giving him the huge pay day
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Vernon the next for a big contract? I'd rather let Vernon play this season before giving him the huge pay day
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I agree, im confident Vernon will have another great season (though there is no way he will top his TD total) but let him prove it and finally put together two very good back to back seasons. I remember going into last year a lot of people wanted the Niners to trade Vernon Davis and were calling him a bust.
anybody got a link to the press conference?
Share 49ersWebzone