LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 331 users in the forums

ESPN Power Rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
The homerism is pouring out of all the orifices in this thread. If you think we're better than Zona because "Alex Smith is better than Leinart", than thats not much to work with. Despite losing on the offensive front, Zona did a pretty decent job on shoring up on defense.
we won't get a higher ranking than the cards till we prove we can win outside our division. that being said rank 15 is pretty high considering the past 8 or so years. Won't take long to climb from there....we have the pieces in place.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Yikes, i mean i think 49ers and Cardinals are side by side. I think we should have the edge. Alex Smith > Matt Leinart
Better to be underrated than overrated.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Sounds about right, we have to win the division for them to put us over the top..until we can actually prove it instead of on paper we'll be behind the Tards, that will change this season though

Even if we are ranked below the Cardinals, they shouldn't be at 12. If they insist on having us at 15 and Arizona in front of us, then Arizona should be 14 at best. Power rankings are pretty much useless and this one shows exactly why. Since the Cardinals made the playoffs last season, the power rankings are going to have them in the top 12 despite all the key losses they suffered, which proves they (the power rankings) are worthless.
Let the game speak for itself. Honestly I see us stumbling out of the gate and getting things together before the bye. Face it zoners, the NFC West is no longer a cake walk.
This isn't a knock on Smith, but everyone out side of the the Niners HQ still put a big ? over Smith. 15 seems fair, although I think Seattle will be much better than 26.

At this point, I may put both the Niners and Arizona around 11 and 12, as both still have question marks at QB, along with some holes elsewhere...
ya we beat the cards twice last year and they lost like 6 starters. what exactly goes in to these power rankings? do they account for head to head matchups, the draft, players lost/gained in free agency? i think the niners win all three of these categories
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Better to be underrated than overrated.

I agree, but honestly i think by preseason rankings we should be anywhere from 10-14. AZ should be 16-20, SEA 22-26, STL 31-32
Eh, pretty much based on last year's records with minor deviations

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Meh, f**k Mike Sando. He really wanted to put the Seahawks at 15 but his lacking/biased credibility would have been all-too transparent.

That soul-less Seattle numbers geek is a rapist, a pure child molester amongst people's sporting minds.

cosigned, dude's a freaking homer.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Sounds about right, we have to win the division for them to put us over the top..until we can actually prove it instead of on paper we'll be behind the Tards, that will change this season though

Even if we are ranked below the Cardinals, they shouldn't be at 12. If they insist on having us at 15 and Arizona in front of us, then Arizona should be 14 at best. Power rankings are pretty much useless and this one shows exactly why. Since the Cardinals made the playoffs last season, the power rankings are going to have them in the top 12 despite all the key losses they suffered, which proves they (the power rankings) are worthless.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
This isn't a knock on Smith, but everyone out side of the the Niners HQ still put a big ? over Smith. 15 seems fair, although I think Seattle will be much better than 26.

At this point, I may put both the Niners and Arizona around 11 and 12, as both still have question marks at QB, along with some holes elsewhere...

Alex has at least shown enough that he will not hurt the team if he has a solid supporting cast. He has that now...and not to mention the second year in the same system. He will only get better this season, even though we do not need him to be elite. With a good supporting cast and a fierce D, we can afford for him to be a solid qb which i believe he was when the light turned on for him last season
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
lmao @ cards at 12

WHY? time will tell
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The homerism is pouring out of all the orifices in this thread. If you think we're better than Zona because "Alex Smith is better than Leinart", than thats not much to work with. Despite losing on the offensive front, Zona did a pretty decent job on shoring up on defense.

Well if you're intent on taking your life rather than looking forward to the season, I'm sure we can take up a collection to help you do it up right. Whatever you need ZRF, I'm sure we can pitch in and help out. A lobotomy? I'm sure that one of us knows someone that can help you out.

Or maybe you might need some assisted suicide(though that may be your ultimate goal come to think of it ) or maybe a metal hose long enough to run from your exhaust into your car? Or a rope that isn't too old or too long?

So please by all means don't hesitate to call on us.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 30, 2010 at 20:08:49 ]
Share 49ersWebzone