LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Photo of Cowboys bigboard and how they ranked some 49ers draft picks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I can't believe they have such a 1980's techology board process. Dude, get this s**t up on a wide screen and have that connected to someone in the room who is working a excel version of this as names get called. all that has to happen is he does a wet sneeze on the board and half the names become illegible, lol.

Maybe he spent all the $ on that stadium.

Sometimes, cards move faster than excel sheets and they wouldn't have as much of a chance of accidentally disappearing. Who knows what can happen to a computer during that valuable time.

My thing is, why is it sooo awesome that Bowman is ranked in the 1st but then ranking Davis 3rd means Dallas doesn't know crap?

It doesn't necessarily. I hate the Cowgirls so I hope they don't know crap. I said that earlier because I haven't seen anyone, anywhere that had Davis any lower then a top 20-25 pick. Seems like the rest of the league had Davis higher by a lot. (Of course I don't know each teams real board and for all I know CLE and PHI could of had him as a 5th rounder).

Lastly, looking at that photo IMO it doesn't really look like A. Davis at the spot on the board top of the third. It is possible that A. Davis was hidden behind Jones's arm.

[ Edited by domesik on Apr 29, 2010 at 16:34:00 ]
i just wanna say this.. i dont believe this at all. if bowman was rated as a 1st round talent? why didnt the cowgirls draft him in the 2nd? makes no sense.
Navarro Bowman was rated a fringe 1st Rounder as related by Mayock during the NFL.com draft. Singletary was very high on him as well saying there was a lot that came right out at you in the film. I would be very happy to see him develop as the replacement for Takeo. May cost Mickillip a roster spot
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i just wanna say this.. i dont believe this at all. if bowman was rated as a 1st round talent? why didnt the cowgirls draft him in the 2nd? makes no sense.

Because they took Sean Lee in the 2nd who (if you actually look at the list, is ranked higher then Bowman)!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BenQ:
so...who was going to trade ahead of us to take davis?

Why do people care so much that we gave away a fourth to grab someone we think has ALL PRO potential? In theory, our line problems are solved for the next decade.

Oh yeah, f**k the Cowgirls. I dont even know if I believe thats what the draft board really says. I dont see him anywhere on the board.

Davis? Look on the 3rd row on the top..looks like the 2nd one..says Davis. A SF

That looks more like David, SF 1-11 to me. If it says Davis, then it seems like the Cowboys predicted that we moved up to the 11th pick in the first round and drafted Davis.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Why do people care so much that we gave away a fourth to grab someone we think has ALL PRO potential? In theory, our line problems are solved for the next decade.

Oh yeah, f**k the Cowgirls. I dont even know if I believe thats what the draft board really says. I dont see him anywhere on the board.

Davis? Look on the 3rd row on the top..looks like the 2nd one..says Davis. A SF

That looks more like David, SF 1-11 to me. If it says Davis, then it seems like the Cowboys predicted that we moved up to the 11th pick in the first round and drafted Davis.

They wrote "SF 1-11" after we picked him there.
It definitely says "Davis, A SF 1-11" on the third column of the board
This looks more like a mock draft to me.
This is a terrific post. Much thanks.

The Cowboys stayed true to their board from start to finish. The only alteration was with the last pick Sean Lissemore, who was not on their board. However, everyone on their board was already drafted, or was in a position taken by the team earlier in the draft (Arnett, 5th round grade, but already selected Dez Bryant in the first).

Fascinating scenario if Sean Lee is gone. The Cowboys desperately wanted him, since he was ranked a staggering 14th overall on their board. Hence, the trade up with Philly to select him in the second round (they couldn't take any more chances). I feel the Niners had Davis ranked in their top 5-6 players, and that is why they were willing to take no chances, and moved up to the 11th overall.

If Sean Lee was off their board, the Cowboys would have selected Bowman. Fascinating. So, the Cowboys obviously loved the Niners pick of Bowman, but must have chuckled with the selection of Davis.

One final note: I love Morgan Burnett, and was hoping the team would select him with the 49th overall. The Cowboys also graded Burnett over Mays. They also had him just under Allen, which mimicked my draft board.

A true gem to break down. Thanks again for the post.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 29, 2010 at 19:18:05 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wow Navorro Bowman first round Talent...

I'm excited for him

Me too

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Optimistic49er:
This looks more like a mock draft to me.

Its not. How can you make a mock draft with half the teams in the 2nd round not making a pick?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Green Bay and Dallas were the 2 main teams.

Well it wasn't Dallas if they had him rated in the 3rd round.

haha i earned this
if you look carefully, you can see "f**k Parcells" on the board

[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Apr 29, 2010 at 20:03:33 ]
His name is not on that board unless its behind his arm and if it is its top 15, but again who cares...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
His name is not on that board unless its behind his arm and if it is its top 15, but again who cares...

no. i checked it is. the 3rd column at the top of the pic. and next to it says davis sf 1-11.

eh who cares. maybe they valued him less for some reason. or didn't like somehing aout his personality.
Share 49ersWebzone