49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 391 users in the forums

I don't care for Hill, Jones, and Z

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,131
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why does everybody need to be a f**king superstar...??? They are backups and they perform like backups. Stupid thread IMO, it's not like every reciever should have 500+ yards

Bro, the reason I am hating on these dudes is because they are a bunch of whiners who don't want that back up role. I wouldn't give a damn if these dudes are happy being the #4 or #5 WR. Jones and Hill were crying and complaining the whole season. Tell me that you didn't forget that. They don't want to be here if they ain't starting. f**k them scrubs, IMO.

I don't want the player thats happy to be a backup. But show me don't tell me.
candidate for dumbest thread of the day
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

I actually agree with you on this. We are definitely in the minority though. I put hill as a 5th receiver because I don't think he's a good practice receiver so I'm assuming he'll be passed up by everyone, possibly even Brandon Jones.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

Wait, wait, how's Hill better than Morgan? I wanna hear this. Josh has reliable hands, goes down the middle, can go deep decently, blocks, is a bigger endzone target, does returns etc...How does Hill belong more on the field than Josh Morgan.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why does everybody need to be a f**king superstar...??? They are backups and they perform like backups. Stupid thread IMO, it's not like every reciever should have 500+ yards

Bro, the reason I am hating on these dudes is because they are a bunch of whiners who don't want that back up role. I wouldn't give a damn if these dudes are happy being the #4 or #5 WR. Jones and Hill were crying and complaining the whole season. Tell me that you didn't forget that. They don't want to be here if they ain't starting. f**k them scrubs, IMO.

Link?
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

Wait, wait, how's Hill better than Morgan? I wanna hear this. Josh has reliable hands, goes down the middle, can go deep decently, blocks, is a bigger endzone target, does returns etc...How does Hill belong more on the field than Josh Morgan.

I wouldn't say Hill is better than Morgan but when Hill gets on the field and is involved in plays,he produces.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
What are you talking about. Z's ripped now!






Damn he pushed his bicep up with his hand and he still looks Ethiopian

LOL wtf.. is that WWE?
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why does everybody need to be a f**king superstar...??? They are backups and they perform like backups. Stupid thread IMO, it's not like every reciever should have 500+ yards

Bro, the reason I am hating on these dudes is because they are a bunch of whiners who don't want that back up role. I wouldn't give a damn if these dudes are happy being the #4 or #5 WR. Jones and Hill were crying and complaining the whole season. Tell me that you didn't forget that. They don't want to be here if they ain't starting. f**k them scrubs, IMO.

Link?

I don't have time to dig up the links but I followed the 49ers all season last year. According to what I have heard and saw, both of guys were not happy about not getting palying time. Jason Hill talked about how he thinks the coaches don't like him and all that crap. And Brandon Jones said he didn't come here to be a back up.
Considering all 3 combined for 10 catches and 108 yrds last year, I'm not attached to anyone of them.

I don't think any of them have a future on this team.
I don't understand the hate for these WR's

B.Jones was an unnecessary and overpaid signing but he was having the best training camp by far last season until he was injured.The reason these guys aren't really producing is because Jones/Hill were injured at one point,Z has been on the PS and there's really no room for all them to play.

With that said I'd be surprised if any of the rookie WR's just signed make the PS let alone the roster unless they have a exceptional tc/preseason because the 49ers are already neck deep at that position.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

Wait, wait, how's Hill better than Morgan? I wanna hear this. Josh has reliable hands, goes down the middle, can go deep decently, blocks, is a bigger endzone target, does returns etc...How does Hill belong more on the field than Josh Morgan.

LOL seriously? Remember when Morgan was WIDE open down the field with no one around him, and Shaun Hill threw it right in his hands, and he drops it and says "Coach, its not my fault, it came down like a punt!"
Remember near the sideline vs. the Titans when Morgan failed to catch Alex's pass that was right in his numbers, then the ball bounces up off his hands and gets intercepted by Finnegan for a TD? And you could argue that lost us the game.

I remember Jason Hill showing great catching ability when Singletary first got the job, and last year against the Titans he made a nice catch in the endzone. He had 2 touch downs that game.

Another thing I hate about Morgan is how slow he is. Remember vs. the Falcons when he caught a pass, again near a sideline, and the CB taking him fell, and Morgan has all green in front of thim, then the SAME CB stands back up and catches Morgan! After he fell! Seriously!?

And you said Morgan can go down field decently. No.. He cant. Mike Iupati could probably beat out Josh Morgan in a straight line race. Jason Hill has amazing straight line speed (He ran a 4.32 40 yd. dash)

Hill has better hands, and better speed. Morgan could make blocks down the field. But Id rather have a real receiver than an extra blocker

[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 26, 2010 at 23:46:42 ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why does everybody need to be a f**king superstar...??? They are backups and they perform like backups. Stupid thread IMO, it's not like every reciever should have 500+ yards

they're called role players every good team has them...all 4 of our receivers aren't going to the pro bowl..we have our primary wr's in crabtree and morgan then the other wr's that are secondary options..lay off the madden people

Totally correct. Lets not put the best possible product on the field
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

Wait, wait, how's Hill better than Morgan? I wanna hear this. Josh has reliable hands, goes down the middle, can go deep decently, blocks, is a bigger endzone target, does returns etc...How does Hill belong more on the field than Josh Morgan.

LOL seriously? Remember when Morgan was WIDE open down the field with no one around him, and Shaun Hill threw it right in his hands, and he drops it and says "Coach, its not my fault, it came down like a punt!"
Remember near the sideline vs. the Titans when Morgan failed to catch Alex's pass that was right in his numbers, then the ball bounces up off his hands and gets intercepted by Finnegan for a TD? And you could argue that lost us the game.

I remember Jason Hill showing great catching ability when Singletary first got the job, and last year against the Titans he made a nice catch in the endzone. He had 2 touch downs that game.

Another thing I hate about Morgan is how slow he is. Remember vs. the Falcons when he caught a pass, again near a sideline, and the CB taking him fell, and Morgan has all green in front of thim, then the SAME CB stands back up and catches Morgan! After he fell! Seriously!?
that is definitely not how that went down



  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i still like hill, he played well in the games he actually played in. i don't care for jones or ziggy.

crabtree/morgan/ginn/williams/hill

hoping for that wr core ^

Sounds good, but Jason Hill was a b***h when he didn't get the play though. I would rather take a enthusiathic #5 rookie WR over a disgruntled J. Hill.

Jason Hill > Morgan IMO

Wait, wait, how's Hill better than Morgan? I wanna hear this. Josh has reliable hands, goes down the middle, can go deep decently, blocks, is a bigger endzone target, does returns etc...How does Hill belong more on the field than Josh Morgan.

LOL seriously? Remember when Morgan was WIDE open down the field with no one around him, and Shaun Hill threw it right in his hands, and he drops it and says "Coach, its not my fault, it came down like a punt!"
Remember near the sideline vs. the Titans when Morgan failed to catch Alex's pass that was right in his numbers, then the ball bounces up off his hands and gets intercepted by Finnegan for a TD? And you could argue that lost us the game.

I remember Jason Hill showing great catching ability when Singletary first got the job, and last year against the Titans he made a nice catch in the endzone. He had 2 touch downs that game.

Another thing I hate about Morgan is how slow he is. Remember vs. the Falcons when he caught a pass, again near a sideline, and the CB taking him fell, and Morgan has all green in front of thim, then the SAME CB stands back up and catches Morgan! After he fell! Seriously!?
that is definitely not how that went down




Bull. Hes still the slowest starter on our offense..Including Joe Staley
IDK how you dont score on that play.

[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 26, 2010 at 23:51:17 ]
I'm OK with with Hill & Jones, but I'm thinking our WR coach is over rated and needs to be up graded next off season...........
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone