There are 204 users in the forums

Matthew Barrows' stock rising.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Is it me or did Maiocco's promotion totally bring down the quality of 49ers beat writer articles? Normally, I'm used to seeing quality input from both Matts, but now it seems like Maiocco's held to a different standard of writing with Comcast. Without Maiocco's normal insight, I don't think we're getting the same kind of effort from Barrows. Maybe it's just me.

His latest blog entries are returning to normal form. His duties are different now because he's doing video segments and video interviews in addition to his blog/articles.

Everyone needs some adjustment period to get comfortable with new surroundings.

By contrast, Phil Barber's stuff is just downright bland. You never miss the water till the well runs dry (in another place). That most recent article about OTAs - yek!

Raider Phil is a honk! He doesn't know the team, the players, or the history! You might as well read Yahoo Sports, the "insight" is about the same!
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
one of the comments said miacco (sp?) is writting for espn sf... any truth to that?

espn SF?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Is it me or did Maiocco's promotion totally bring down the quality of 49ers beat writer articles? Normally, I'm used to seeing quality input from both Matts, but now it seems like Maiocco's held to a different standard of writing with Comcast. Without Maiocco's normal insight, I don't think we're getting the same kind of effort from Barrows. Maybe it's just me.

His latest blog entries are returning to normal form. His duties are different now because he's doing video segments and video interviews in addition to his blog/articles.

By contrast, Phil Barber's stuff is just downright bland. You never miss the water till the well runs dry (in another place). That most recent article about OTAs - yek!

Again, Barber needs some time to adjust to his new role as well. Barber will gravitate towards Maiocco's posting style, just give it some more time.
this isnt fantasy football, dude. calm down. lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its also a slow time in the offseason so there aint much news to report on.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Raider Phil is a honk! He doesn't know the team, the players, or the history! You might as well read Yahoo Sports, the "insight" is about the same!

You may be right. Occasionally, I'll read his articles, but it's more quantity than quality...trying to post the most articles doesn't make you knowledgeable about the team. After a while, I got used to skipping over articles from Press Democrat.

Edit: I only click on Sac Bee or CSN.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jun 7, 2010 at 11:09:37 ]
I've noticed Matt has stepped up since MM left the Press-Democrat. Even though MM has reemerged w/CSN Bay Area, Barrows has seemingly taken on more of a "lead writer" mentality. It's good to see, I always knew MB had it in him, but MM had such a stronghold on being top dog beat writer. Now he's the top beat writer and it's showing...good stuff, keep it up, Matt.
Share 49ersWebzone