LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Matthew Barrows' stock rising.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We're in good hands with Barrows.

I wonder if the Press Democrat will assign a full time beat replacement? Accepting applications?

good question
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I predict he stays covering the Niners at CSNBayArea or ESPNBayArea. He loves the Niners too much to not stay covering them. I think he's just going to a place that pays a little more money.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 26, 2010 at 05:57:51 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HearstStiffarm:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We're in good hands with Barrows.

I wonder if the Press Democrat will assign a full time beat replacement? Accepting applications?

good question

i can du it butt miy grammer sux
Originally posted by mayo63:
I predict he stays covering the Niners at CSNBayArea or ESPNBayArea. He loves the Niners too much to not stay covering them. I think he's just going to a place that pays a little more money.

I wonder why he said May 3? Didn't he almost go to ESPN last year.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Wasn't MM a non Niners fan before he started covering them?
MM isn't going anywhere, and will continue reporting on the 49ers. Barber is pretty much joining the two Matt's.
Originally posted by jnew62:
MM isn't going anywhere, and will continue reporting on the 49ers. Barber is pretty much joining the two Matt's.

Which is great. If MM stays a beat reporter for the 9ers (which he might not be in his new position) it basically means we get another beat writer for the 9ers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Word is he's going to Comcast.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
one of the comments said miacco (sp?) is writting for espn sf... any truth to that?

His twitter said it will be revealed on May 3.

Did he ever reveal where he is going?????
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
one of the comments said miacco (sp?) is writting for espn sf... any truth to that?

His twitter said it will be revealed on May 3.

Did he ever reveal where he is going?????

As we had all assumed Matt's working for CSN Bay Area, and launched his new blog today at:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/maiocco_blog

Very top-notch/professional.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
I just bought 500 shares in Barrows.

Are you going long?

Maybe Maiocco returns.

-9fA

I told you all to short it!

-9fA
The other Matt is still covering the 9ers at a better gig. (no offense Mr. Barrows)
Is it me or did Maiocco's promotion totally bring down the quality of 49ers beat writer articles? Normally, I'm used to seeing quality input from both Matts, but now it seems like Maiocco's held to a different standard of writing with Comcast. Without Maiocco's normal insight, I don't think we're getting the same kind of effort from Barrows. Maybe it's just me.
It's just you.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Is it me or did Maiocco's promotion totally bring down the quality of 49ers beat writer articles? Normally, I'm used to seeing quality input from both Matts, but now it seems like Maiocco's held to a different standard of writing with Comcast. Without Maiocco's normal insight, I don't think we're getting the same kind of effort from Barrows. Maybe it's just me.

His latest blog entries are returning to normal form. His duties are different now because he's doing video segments and video interviews in addition to his blog/articles.

Everyone needs some adjustment period to get comfortable with new surroundings.
Share 49ersWebzone