LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Breaking News!!! BLOUNT changes his mind!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Keep Jeff Fisher away from our player!!!
  • Veteran
LOL, this probably is one of the reasons why he wasn't drafted. Slap on Sings face?
I'm disapointed, if he did not get suspended this year, he would have a huge year, better than dixon if you ask me
Originally posted by HessianDud:
that's gonna be a damn good RB tandem in Tenn.

They Signed Stafon Johnson too.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Smart, but immature move on his part.

how is it immature? its a business and he did what was best for him. good luck to him, he made the right decision.
i'm not going to come in here now and say that he sucks, but f**k that guy. i was looking forward to having him backup gore, but now i can't wait until we play against him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
What a douchebag
If I were him I would have signed with the Titains too. Better shot of actually making the team and starting. I'm assuming that the report that he was with the Niners came before the Titans contacted him.

I like Dixon anyway. The guy seems really cool and he is obviously tough.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
If I were him I would have signed with the Titains too. Better shot of actually making the team and starting. I'm assuming that the report that he was with the Niners came before the Titans contacted him.

Is that tampering?

[ Edited by Dominate on Apr 25, 2010 at 18:04:42 ]
well lendale white when to the sehawks so...makes sense

damn i was looking forward to watching him in the red and gold
Sorry about the other thread. I just flat missed this one...
Originally posted by Esco:
**** him

Go Niners

And thats all that needs to be said about this topic...
Originally posted by Dominate:

Is that tampering?

I'd guess he made a verbal agreement but hadn't signed a contract.
We'd also have to make an issue out of it by filing a report, and after dropping the Crabtree case last year I really doubt we'd do that over an UDFA. It would also needlessly bring up the fact of our tampering again in any articles written about the situation. Overall it's just not worth it.

Unrelated, but IMO this is a smart move on his part, and not immature at all. It makes good sense.

EDIT: It's also possible that he signed the contract, approached the 9ers about it and they released him from it.

[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Apr 25, 2010 at 18:18:36 ]
Originally posted by Dominate:

Is that tampering?

It wasn't tampering because Blount wasn't under contract with the Niners; he hadn't signed any contracts yet, just a verbal agreement. He was like a free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone