There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Prediction for the 49ers' Offense in 2010

I've went all-in on bets for the niners this year. I am feeling the week 2 victory over the saints.... so I have bet a keg of beer on it.

[ Edited by northstar on Jun 14, 2010 at 10:32:55 ]
I think Marty Schottenheimer had an impact on that offense as well.

Really when you look at that team and ours you see a big difference. We have the make up to be a ball control team and they didn't. We have a premiere back, while they had a FB running ball, we have a very good defense while they had sub par defenses.

I know everyone wants to use this example because it's Raye actually having a productive passing attack, but that was 13 years ago and alot has changed since then.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think Marty Schottenheimer had an impact on that offense as well.

Really when you look at that team and ours you see a big difference. We have the make up to be a ball control team and they didn't. We have a premiere back, while they had a FB running ball, we have a very good defense while they had sub par defenses.

I know everyone wants to use this example because it's Raye actually having a productive passing attack, but that was 13 years ago and alot has changed since then.

We can play Marty ball.
My prediction for the points is Td's and lots of them
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I like it!
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I like it!

I'm wondering what style of offense Jimmy Raye will run. I simply can't stand the thought of the Niners being a "power running" team. On paper, it certainly looks like the O-line has improved. But what if it hasn't? What happens if Davis and Iupati don't improve the horrible O-line play we saw last season? Will the Niners still try to run up the middle 2 out of 3 downs until they're 21 points behind?

Most of the year, we saw a run first offense until the team was down by 21 to 24 points. Only then did we see what the offense was capable of. The offense could actually move the ball when Smith was allowed to get comfortable out of the shotgun.

With the addition of Davis and Iupati, will we see more of the same? Is Raye going to bury this team with running play after running play until the game is out of reach? Or has he learned from last season? And even WITH an improved O-line you simply CANNOT run the ball when the opposing defense knows it's coming and be successful.

I wanna see a more wide open offense at the start of games. Davis, Crabtree, Walker, Morgan, and Ginn are all valid weapons in the passing game. I hope Jimmy Raye decides to use them IN THE FIRST HALF OF GAMES, IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON.
Vernon Davis, 1100 yards rec, 15 TDs,
M. Crabtree, 1300 yards rec, 16 TDs
T. Ginn Jr., 800 yards rec, 6 TDs
J. Morgan, 600 yards rec, 3 TDs

F. Gore, 1200 yards rushing, 11 TDs

A. Smith, 4,000 yards passing, 65.5%, 42 TDs, 20 Ints

49ers - 12-4
Originally posted by niteshade80:

49ers - 12-4

No way Smith throws 20 int's
Vernon Davis, 950 yards rec, 9 TDs,
M. Crabtree, 1100 yards rec, 7 TDs
T. Ginn Jr., 600 yards rec, 5 TDs
J. Morgan, 700 yards rec, 6 TDs

F. Gore, 1350 yards rushing, 11 TDs, 4 rec TDs

A. Smith, 3,500 yards passing, 68.0%, 32 TDs, 17 Ints

49ers - 11-5
Originally posted by niteshade80:

49ers - 12-4

PTS
11.3(1st)
YDS

275(2nd)
PASS YDS 189.6(2nd)
RUSH YDS 89.2(2nd)

Willis 189 tackles (1st)
Lawson 10 sacks (10th)
Brooks 12 sacks (2nd)

Clements 5 INT (2 TD)
Spencer 4 INT
Goldson 4 INT (2 TD)

#1 D in the League

Record 13-3, since we are talking playstation numbers
Vernon Davis, 950 yards rec, 9 TDs,
M. Crabtree, 1100 yards rec, 7 TDs
T. Ginn Jr., 600 yards rec, 5 TDs
J. Morgan, 700 yards rec, 6 TDs

F. Gore, 1350 yards rushing, 11 TDs, 4 rec TDs

D. Carr, 3,500 yards passing, 68.0%, 32 TDs, 17 Ints

49ers - 11-5

Fixed
By the way PT.....Amazing depth in this post, I cant beleive I didnt see it until now.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
By the way PT.....Amazing depth in this post, I cant beleive I didnt see it until now.

What do you mean?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

What do you mean?

thread, amazing thread I was pretty drunk when I posted that....but yes I agree we can be that KC O....they had Tony G, we have VD. They had Priest, we have Gore. If our OLine turns out to be anything like that amazing KC OLine, then Alex can consistentaly put up Trent Green #'s.