There are 278 users in the forums

My Prediction for the 49ers' Offense in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They will be better than 2009 is my prediction.
Originally posted by lamontb:
nice work do you know what formations they mostly ran under raye in kc? alex has been much more successful in the spread/shotgun thuogh with a much improved o lone raye should be able to mix up the play calling unlike last year when alex was under center it was run 98% of the time

Honestly, I'm not sure?
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM ]
"Prediction? Yes your prediction. Pain."

Originally posted by es49ers:
"Prediction? Yes your prediction. Pain."

The Blount knockout did it for me. Plus the Singeltary approved grin at the end
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Selective stats.

If you look at the full breadth of the work that both coaches have accomplished, it's not necessarily as impressive.

I don't think our offense will be leaps and bounds improved, but I do think we can break into the top 15. I think playcalling will hold us back.

-9fA

Top 15 from 27th is leaps and bounds. Hell its at least a leap
Quote:
On whether the offense has been focusing more on the deep pass:

“I think the offense right now…Jimmy Raye knows that as [QB] Alex [Smith] gets a better control of the offense as the offensive line continues to develop their protection package and doing all of the things and understanding the language that we can open it up a bit. We can push the ball down the field a little bit more. Once again we’re still striving to reach that balance of the run and pass."

Singletary's Notebook- May 20
Originally posted by Furlow:
Awesome post bro. Rarely seen on the MB and from the looks of a lot of the responses, I can see why. Does anyone understand that we're trying to build a franchise. Not from scratch, but even worse. Sing was left with a DISGRACE of a franchise, a horrible attitude in the locker room, not even a sniff of players' potential being reached, I could go on forever. And in less than 2 years he has turned this around into something respectable. He has a vision, and he's putting the pieces in place.

This post was meant to show us what Raye and Solari are capable of, and that's PRODUCING. Something our offense hasn't done consistently for a decade.

All you haters go move to Arizona

?? The rebuild started under Nolan not Singletary. Nolan, though a poor HC was able to begin accumulating some talent. TDon left the 49ers a disgrace, not Nolan.
I'm sure teams are going to be all over the Vernon Davis post route that took him to the pro bowl next year. What do you guys think is going to happen? Will there be fall off? If so will Crabtree be picking up that slack?
Is Alex going to have enough passes to keep both of these guys happy along with feeding frank the rock 20-25 times a game? I also wonder what Crabtree's stats will be...hmmm It's a very interesting year. I just hope Vernon can learn another play and Crabtree can make good progress and get some chemistry going. Hopefully Frank can get more yards on 1st and 2nd down now that we beefed up...
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I'm sure teams are going to be all over the Vernon Davis post route that took him to the pro bowl next year. What do you guys think is going to happen? Will there be fall off? If so will Crabtree be picking up that slack?
Is Alex going to have enough passes to keep both of these guys happy along with feeding frank the rock 20-25 times a game? I also wonder what Crabtree's stats will be...hmmm It's a very interesting year. I just hope Vernon can learn another play and Crabtree can make good progress and get some chemistry going. Hopefully Frank can get more yards on 1st and 2nd down now that we beefed up...

I think the team realizes where they need to improve. Another year in the same system can only help them get better.
Looking at the 98 season, that'd be sweet!!!..And player for player-our roster matches up almost the same on offense..This could happen.

Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Looking at the 98 season, that'd be sweet!!!..And player for player-our roster matches up almost the same on offense..This could happen.

looool except Hearst and Gore are different, T.O. and Crabtree are different, and Alex is no Steve Young.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

looool except Hearst and Gore are different, T.O. and Crabtree are different, and Alex is no Steve Young.

I think he meant the '98 Kansas City Chiefs. They used both Elvis Grbac and Rich Gannon at QB that year.

I also stand by my previous statement. Our current defense is better than any of these teams ever put out on the field. For that reason, I believe our record will be better.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jun 13, 2010 at 22:14:32 ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
to be honest i wouldnt be surpriseed if we blew some teams out the water. I think we will see some huge games from the offense
  • Chief
  • Veteran
So what's the prediction?
I'm not sure about it cb but that might just work out it self out during tc and pre season.
Share 49ersWebzone