LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

m barrows on mckillop...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The optimism on this board never ceases to amaze me. The guy is a 5th round pick chances are he is only good enough to be 3rd string. The pick never made sense from the beginning. Mckillop is known for his instinctual and cerebral skills sets. The knock on him coming out was his size and speed. The position we need someone to fill is the defenses equivalent of a fullback. His job is to take on blockers so Willis can be free to roam sideline to side line. Thanks McClueless.

To all you guys touting McKillop, the coaches see him on a regular basis, not just on game day. They watch him practice, break down his tape and know his football knowledge. If they are not confident in his ability to take over for Takeo, I'm certainly not.

Stop wishing for all these super low round picks to become anything more than back ups and camp fodder, you'll save yourself a lot of heart ache.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:25:36 ]
IF were looking for a bulldozer in the middle.....I'm still liking Micah Johnson in the middle rounds.

Run defense: A decided strength in his game. Reads the action and shows a good initial burst to slice through the gap and close to make the tackle at or near the line of scrimmage. Good size and strength to take on and shed blockers, though he needs to be more consistent.

PRO DAY RESULTS: Rookie head coach Joker Phillips opened the doors for 10 teams to watch 13 players work out indoors on FieldTurf. LB Micah Johnson (6-foot-1 5/8, 256 pounds) posted a 4.84 and 4.92 in the 40, an 8-foot, 11-inch broad jump, 4.26 short shuttle, 7.34 three-cone drill. Johnson chose to keep his vertical jump and bench press numbers from the combine. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

he looks like a really stiff player. he'll never be more than a ST
I was impressed when I saw him playing linebacker in the preseason, and saw him flying around on special teams durin the regular season.
Share 49ersWebzone