There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Private PERSONNEL Matter

Jed York on KNBR right now. He believes that there was a lot of misunderstandings last night during the conference call and the follow-up interview.

McCloughan's removal has to do with PERSONNEL and it has been brewing for a while. Obviously Scot did something personnel wise that was the last straw and it created this precipice where a mutual agreement for separation had been reach.

I think this is an important discussion.

Jed also says that he talks to Bill Polian all the time for advice. "I just got off the phone with him today" - Jed York.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Mar 23, 2010 at 14:39:28 ]
so personal matter?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
so personal matter?

No, PERSONNEL - as in a player-related issue. What the issue is has been deemed "private".
Originally posted by NinerGM:
so personal matter?

No, PERSONNEL - as in a player-related issue. What the issue is has been deemed "private".

So personal issue with a player?
Jed York on KNBR right now. He believes that there was a lot of misunderstandings last night during the conference call and the follow-up interview.

McCloughan's removal has to do with PERSONNEL and it has been brewing for a while. Obviously Scot did something personnel wise that was the last straw and it created this precipice where a mutual agreement for separation had been reach.

I think this is an important discussion.

Jed also says that he talks to Scott Polian all the time for advice. "I just got off the phone with him today" - Jed York.

cool
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
so personal matter?

So personal issue with a player?

did he get personal with some personnel?
thanks GM. I actually was wondering which one it was, it is one of those words that can get misquoted quite easily....personal vs personnel

So, if I had to guess. I would say it is Carr related. Having 2 1st picks busts is somewhat of a PR fiasco.

Also, maybe never contacting Shaun Hill was an issue. You are not doing your franchise any favors when it is your reputation to fire guys with so little respect.
I did not hear the Jed York interviews, but if I am understanding them correctly, McC was removed because of some of his player (personnel) moves. In other words, they did not believe he was making smart moves. That is what some of us has been concerned about in the past and we, rank amateurs, had expressed our disapproval on a number of occasions.
So, it's not a personal problem? Hmm... I'm guessing they didn't like Scott's approach to the upcoming draft, and probably didn't like the signing of Carr.
If it was really a personnel issue that sparked this mess then I wouldn't be surprised if it was the way in which Shaun Hill was treated last week. Hill was a popular veteran leader in the locker room. Scotty doesn't even tell him he's been traded??? They let Hill find out from the media? That was bullcrap and probably pissed off more then a few players and coaches.
Is he still getting divorced?
Here's my theory. Scot really messed something up and not taking the blame for it. Jed and the organization aren't going to badmouth Scot publicly because quite frankly the 49ers need all the friends they can get in the league. I think that's going to come out in months to come. Going public would create a public mess and the Yorks HATE a public mess/drama.

The net of it all is that Jed is smart. I like the fact that he's getting advice from Polian. He confirmed that going outside the organization to get advice from those who do this well is something he does regularly and isn't considered "tampering".

This is the interview I needed to hear. I know there's been a lot of anxiety, but I like Jed a lot. He's smart and that's what counts in my book. A smart team president has been what's missing for a long time.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Mar 23, 2010 at 14:27:42 ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
If it was really a personnel issue that sparked this mess then I wouldn't be surprised if it was the way in which Shaun Hill was treated last week. Hill was a popular veteran leader in the locker room. Scotty doesn't even tell him he's been traded??? They let Hill find out from the media? That was bullcrap and probably pissed off more then a few players and coaches.

That wouldnt surprise me
Could be a number of personnel matters:

-Signing David Carr
-Mishandling of Shaun Hill
-Not active enough during free agency
-Allowing Barry Simms to potentially walk when we are needy at tackle
-Allowing webzone favorite Killa Keith to leave last year

Not that I disagree or agree with any of these moves but those are the most recent moves that come to mind.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Could be a number of personnel matters:

-Signing David Carr
-Mishandling of Shaun Hill
-Not active enough during free agency
-Allowing Barry Simms to potentially walk when we are needy at tackle
-Allowing webzone favorite Killa Keith to leave last year

Not that I disagree or agree with any of these moves but those are the most recent moves that come to mind.

IMO that could be it. I don't disagree with it but everyone else in our division is at least attempting to get better, while we are the same team as last year with a couple of draft picks.

I'm not saying we should go blow a ton of money on FA players, but that's just my opinion on why Scot was let go.