There are 171 users in the forums

Official "Tell Baalke to take a walk" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
they already have an idea of who they wanna go after for HC.....but yet the "new" GM will make the decision......

hmmm...... ya Baalke's the GM. no doubt.

(not that i wouldn't mind having Gruden or Harbaugh)
was this thread made before we knew how pronounce his name?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/28/baalke-considered-as-lock-for-next-niners-g-m/

Do you guys buy this? You think he's a lock? I gotta tell you. I'm not impressed with him. I don't want anyone from within the organization promoted to GM.
Frankly, I don't see why you all think Baalke is the next GM. I think the exact opposite.

Jed said he is considering Baalke because Baalke has been the de facto GM this year. It is appropriate that he be considered.

However, I believe Jed thoroughly intends to hire a GM from outside the organization. He is considering Baalke because that is what CEOs are supposed to do; consider their options; and because Baalke has earned that much from him.

Consideration does not necessarily equate to a decision.
Sure glad the Niners are about to make Baalke their GM. The highlight of his resume include being a scout for many years, and the terrific drafts the Niners have manufactured the past three years. If you have enjoyed Baalke's amazing track record over the last three years, then imagine greatness in the future:
2008: Balmer, Rachal, Smith, Wallace, Morgan, Grant
2009: Crabtree, Coffee, McKillop, Davis, Pascoe, Taylor, Francois
2010: Davis, Iupati, Mays, Bowman, Dixon, Byham, Williams, Adams

The six starters from the last three drafts are:
2008: Rachal, Smith and Morgan
2009: Crabtree
2010: Davis, Iupati

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of the starters in the 2008 class benched in 2011. That would leave Baalke's legacy hinging on Crabtree, Davis and Iupati (who appears to be the only real impact player from the last three drafts).

Sorry, but call me a skeptic.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/28/baalke-considered-as-lock-for-next-niners-g-m/

Do you guys buy this? You think he's a lock? I gotta tell you. I'm not impressed with him. I don't want anyone from within the organization promoted to GM.

f**k that we need some one from outside
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

This is what happens when u have a young punk like Jed York he let's others influence him easily I bet his dumb a$$ dad told him "forget interviewing other candidates just go with Baalke son"

I don't like this move at all what happens with hiring from the outside?

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Dec 28, 2010 at 18:59:12 ]
No way Superbowl winning coach Jon Gruden works under Trent Baalke
Originally posted by FourNine49:
No way Superbowl winning coach Jon Gruden works under Trent Baalke

Gruden is not a candidate, so it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sure glad the Niners are about to make Baalke their GM. The highlight of his resume include being a scout for many years, and the terrific drafts the Niners have manufactured the past three years. If you have enjoyed Baalke's amazing track record over the last three years, then imagine greatness in the future:

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of the starters in the 2008 class benched in 2011. That would leave Baalke's legacy hinging on Crabtree, Davis and Iupati (who appears to be the only real impact player from the last three drafts).

You're smart enough to know that Baalke didn't conduct the 2008 draft.

Our new GM:

Originally posted by niner4life21:

If I'm making the call on this (or any other level-headed person) I would be saying no-one in this organization has stepped up in the past 3-10 years. It is an f'n disgrace to the tradition this team has stood for. It is a disgrace to the memory of Bill Walsh, and our great past players. It is a disgrace to the fans of this (formerly) great team. It is time for new blood. Period.

As someone who's spent a lot of time as a manager in the corporate world, and have played ball in the past, I know there area a lot of similarities in the areas of coaching and management. When a manager is let go, it is pretty smart to let go of his compatriots. Old loyalites cause trouble. The media can play up differences of opinion as "they don't like the new coach, etc."...

A fresh start is required. If Balke was the "de-facto" GM, then he is responsible - ultimately - for the $#!t-show that has been the Niners of late. You can't say he has been the "de-facto" GM, and let him off the hook for his lack of "taking charge". Sing should have had his a$$ tossed to the curb long ago...
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Our new GM:

I love Balki Bartokomous :)

However, from what i have read Baalki is very much respected, i remember however when John York said after the firing of Dennis Ericksson that the 49ers would hire a coach with a history of winning. He then hired Mike Nolan!

Baalke is gonna be the guy.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Nor the 2009, that was Scotty, 2010 Was Baalke's first!
Way to institute major change Jeddy Boy!
Share 49ersWebzone