There are 176 users in the forums

GM McCloughan (possibly) stepping down????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He obviously has a problem with Singletary. Everything will unfold soon.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Brian Billick

Ravens HC while Sing was a coach with the Ravens

Former coach under Walsh

He actually has credibility in the league and if he calls with a trade idea, the other team has to take him seriously. With Scotty, they laugh and say "go ask your mommy"

Just saying

This goes with the passiveness of our team owners. If they had a feeling that McCloughan should be gone, Holmgren was f**kING AVAILABLE along with other tangible candidates. Why pull this right before the draft without a replacement.

This is dangerous when you have 2 first round picks with about a month to go before the actual draft.

Maybe because Holmgren who have gotten rid of Singletary. I know Holmgren kept Mangini but he might not have kept Singletary who was a Jed hire.

But yes, Holmgren would have been my choice to replace McCloughan. Holmgren must be like, WTF, I could have waited a few months and got my dream job.
[ Edited by DesiDez on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:45 PM ]
You guys realize Singletary didn't want to draft Willis...?

Anyone who wants him as a GM, yikes.
talk about green on St. Patty's Day, is Scotty running off to the Jets. This better not be a "follow in your father's footsteps" deal. a la firing Mooch on the phone because we lost a playoff game. No coach waiting in the wings. Just baaammmm you're gone Mooch and "oh sh!t" 2 hours later when he realizes he doesn't have a replacement coach. What a f-in douche move.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Brian Billick

Ravens HC while Sing was a coach with the Ravens

Former coach under Walsh

He actually has credibility in the league and if he calls with a trade idea, the other team has to take him seriously. With Scotty, they laugh and say "go ask your mommy"

Just saying

This goes with the passiveness of our team owners. If they had a feeling that McCloughan should be gone, Holmgren was f**kING AVAILABLE along with other tangible candidates. Why pull this right before the draft without a replacement.

This is dangerous when you have 2 first round picks with about a month to go before the actual draft.

Not that this was a set up for Billick, but rather who do we hire to do the job.

You can't go into the draft with a GM. Or maybe you can because they always have random people for NBA teams at the ping pong ball draw for the draft :)
Originally posted by Method:
You guys realize Singletary didn't want to draft Willis...?

Anyone who wants him as a GM, yikes.

+1
lol looks like me and the rest of the faithful will be up wondering all night
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
talk about green on St. Patty's Day, is Scotty running off to the Jets. This better not be a "follow in your father's footsteps" deal. a la firing Mooch on the phone because we lost a playoff game. No coach waiting in the wings. Just baaammmm you're gone Mooch and "oh sh!t" 2 hours later when he realizes he doesn't have a replacement coach. What a f-in douche move.

Well Walsh was fired like 5 times by Eddie, who was quite the hothead

Jed doesn't seem as impetuous

Maybe he is?
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM ]
Somebody hold me....

Wait folks. Why is it that comments can't be posted on Maiocco's blog? That is unusual.

Second, what is this "3 hours to respond" jazz? That does not sound like Maiocco either.

Third, nothing from Barrows at all.

I putting the odds of this being a hoax at 30%.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Somebody hold me....

Hugs Oakland
The fact that the niners did not pursue other GMs when they were available earlier in the year suggests that this is a relatively new development. My best guess is that McCloughan threw some sort of hissy fit about his power being subverted by Singletary or some other person, and is threatening to step down, which is why all the 49ers bigwigs met today to coddle him or work something out.
let's get something clear, this isn't a hoax/joke

MM is serious about his business, if he's saying this s**t, it's legit, stay tuned
Hopefully if he leaves they don't just give Singletary free reign. I'd want them to bring in some seriously qualified talent evaluators (hopefully from the Belichek/Pioli tree).
Share 49ersWebzone