LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Dominique Zeigler

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the kr/pr we draft happens to be a WR he won't make the squad. If the kr/pr we draft is a DB or RB he'll probably be the 5th wr and will probably never see the field.
if he sees the field this year we're in deep s**t
Frankly, I don't get this love affair Sing and some "Zoners have with Morgan. So far, he's done nothing to earn it. He doesn't have speed or incredible hands or precise route running. Yeah, he is strong and a good blocker, which appeals to Sing who apparently likes "studs" at all positions (one reason why Hill sits and Morgan plays). Zeigler however, by many reports, runs better routes, catches virtually everything, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and is reasonably fast (at least as fast as Morgan, who sometimes looks like he's running in sand). I'd rather see what he and Hill (and Jones) can do before seeing more of Josh the underproducer.
Psshh... he's our next GM!

Zeigler seems to be getting some press and some notice. Do you think he will make it?
this again
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Frankly, I don't get this love affair Sing and some "Zoners have with Morgan. So far, he's done nothing to earn it. He doesn't have speed or incredible hands or precise route running. Yeah, he is strong and a good blocker, which appeals to Sing who apparently likes "studs" at all positions (one reason why Hill sits and Morgan plays). Zeigler however, by many reports, runs better routes, catches virtually everything, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and is reasonably fast (at least as fast as Morgan, who sometimes looks like he's running in sand). I'd rather see what he and Hill (and Jones) can do before seeing more of Josh the underproducer.

Morgan has done some things but you're right, he hasn't done enough for the press and comments he gets.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
this again

MaioccoCSN

49ers WR Ziggy is having a great training camp.

mattbarrows

Zeigler soaring -- literally -- up the depth chart with several WRs, including Crabtree, out of action
SANTA CLARA -- With the 49ers' first exhibition game three days away, receiver Dominique Zeigler has put himself in position to win a roster spot.

The guy has done everything right. Today, he continued to make fantastic leaping catches -- utilizing his jumping ability that made him a track star. (He high-jumped 7-foot-2, and he long-jumped 25-10.) He also is taking care of the detailed work, such as running precise routes, and showing up every day and working hard.

Brandon Jones has been out since Aug. 7 with a hamstring strain. Jason Hill was limited today with a hamstring strain, though he did see some work in 11-on-11. It appears as if Zeigler has passed both of those players on the depth chart. He is lining up primarily at split end, but he can also play flanker and the slot.

Zeigler is likely to get additional playing time Sunday, with fellow split end Michael Crabtree out on a day-to-day basis with a neck strain.

I've always gotten the impression the 49ers would love to keep Zeigler on the team. Right now, he's giving the team no other choice.

Read more: Maiocco: Ziegler Has Jump Out on Practice Field
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
we'll let the preseason decide his fate

Same story every year with this guy. But he will probably never make the team because he has no value on special teams and he has no more practice squad eligibility.
Brandon Lloyd 2.0
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sean610:
Same story every year with this guy. But he will probably never make the team because he has no value on special teams and he has no more practice squad eligibility.

You hit the nail on the head. The 4th and 5th wide receivers (as well as the 3rd RB) must be contributors on special teams. Kyle Williams has value as a return man and Jason Hill has also shown the ability to play special teams as a gunner.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Brandon Lloyd 2.0
All reporters keep saying he has been having a great camp and runs great routes. I only see him making it if we keep 6 receivers. But if he can't contribute on special teams then he probably will be inactive for games unless there's an injury.
Share 49ersWebzone